Bella Williams: Apathetic Doll

Bella's POV

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I just lied down on the ground, I can't move, my whole body can't move... It was devastating.

Well, I guess I can't really be free huh?
I wonder what are those two doing?
(referring to her step sister and step mother)
I hope they're in pain just like me... well I mean physically in pain...
.
.
.
I looked up as I was lying on the ground, and thought

"If I wasn't adopted and wasn't abandoned by my biological parents, I would experience what is it like to be happy..."

Isn't it weird?
I can still feel the wounds where the people who bruised me in the past, I can still remember what they used to say...

"Useless."

"Die."

"Dumb."

"Fool."

"A failure."

"Incompetent."

"Disappointment."

Clearly, those were the days when I almost murder myself, It wasn't because of those words, It was because I was too weak, and can't even stand up for myself...

I always hid in the darkest places that I discovered, both school and house...

Before my 10th birthday or the day when I was picked by father in a box, It was the worse day of my life... but when the clock struck at 12.

It was the time then that I can't feel any emotions. Not a single one

It was that time then that I stopped thinking about committing suicide.

It was the time that I'll never trust every single human in this cruel world..

It was the time that I became an apathetic doll.

Even though they hurt me physically and mentally, I did not shed a single tear.

Back then at school, I could see students getting bullied, and I never dare myself to help them, I only just watch them suffer,

When some students saw me watching them,
I can see right through their eyes that they were asking for my help...

I always ignore them though...
In fact, they didn't even dare to help me when I was asking them for help...
So why should I help them, then? What's the reason?

My expression then was just like a face of a doll, it's not the only face though, my body was also like a doll's body...

For 7 years, I remained like this, I didn't do anything for myself and I just let everyone hurt my body, just like this very moment...
.
.
.
.
.
I closed my eyes and just let out a big sigh... and then I heard footsteps of a person...

It's getting closer and closer towards this place... I suddenly became aware of the surroundings and just looked around...

And then the sounds of the footsteps stopped...
"Ah~~ there you are." A girl said...

It sounds like that girl's voice... Isabella's voice....

"Who are you." I asked calmly...

"Oh, you can still talk after that trash beaten you up." She said as she came closer to me...

"Isabella..." I replied...

"Yeah, that is correct... do you understand now? how trash your friend really is?" She replied...

"Friend? What friend, never in my life I ever refer her to as a friend..."

"Woah, pftt, thoughtless." She replied..

"What are you doing here?" I asked emotionless

"Oh what are you talking about, I came here to save you, what else." She said while grinning again.

"I don't need your help." I replied fast.

She laughed softly but also darkly...

"Wahh, You really don't care anything including yourself huh? That's interesting...
.
.
If you don't need help,
Well at least accept this water that I bought."
She said while giving it to me..

I accepted it.
"Oh, why would the nightmare of the school gave water to some student who was beaten up." I said

She laughed again.
"Indeed, that is a good question, and I don't really know the answer..."

"Well, I don't really need the answer to that question cause I'll get creep out whatever your answer is anyway." I added.

"You little bastard." She replied...

I can hear the bell of the school rings for the last period..

"Oh, I should get going then, since you don't need my help." She said and left...

"Well, anyway thank you for the water." I said and she just waves back as she was leaving...

I rest for a couple of minutes and finally went back to school....
I first went to the infirmary...

"You- what happen?!" The nurse asked...

"Oh, as you could see, I'm full of bruises."

The nurse grabbed the ice pack as she fills it with ice...
"Sit over here." She said... and handed me the ice pack.

"Oh thank you." I said...

"Who did this to you?! Is it Isabella?!" She asked quietly...

"Nope, she isn't the one..." I replied...

"Then who is it?" She asked again...

"It's that trash..." I replied and the nurse finally stopped asking....

She disinfected some of my cuts and my wounds for minutes and time past...

"Ok then, it's all done. It's already dismissal so go home directly." She said...

"Ok, thank you very much." I said while leaving the infirmary....

As soon as Ms. Eliza saw me, she went out her car and came closer towards me...

"What happened?
Did someone did this to you?" She asked worriedly...

"Uh- I was carrying some things inside a box and then fell down from the stairs." I said...

"Really?" She asked...

I nodded...
she sighed and said
"Thank Goodness... please be careful? Okay?" She said and I just nodded again...

We went inside the car and Ms. Eliza started to drive...

"Let's heal your wounds as soon as we get home okay?" She said again...

"Okay." I replied...
.
.
.
Looking out the window of the car again, I thought of Isabella again...

She really just looks like me...
I can also see her in the eyes that she doesn't care anything...

"The same as me huh?"

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV