oH FUCK ME I HAVE MAC AND CHEESE AT HOME I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE

"Can I open my eyes yet?" 

"Nope!" The hands covering my eyes tighten, as if to make sure I won't be able to see anything if I tried.

Spoiler: I did try.
Spoiler: I couldn't see anything.

Crisp orange colored leaves crunch beneath our feet as we walk down the dirt path. I can hear the brittle leaves that are still attached to the trees swinging in the breeze as we walk. The air is crisp, and I pull my jacket tighter around my body.

Suddenly, I'm halted to a stop. The temperature has dropped down into the 60's and 50's (F, lol) in the past two weeks of autumn but the sun is still warm. It counteracts the bite of the chilly air.

The hands are removed from my eyes. "Okay." Kate says, "were here."

I eagerly open my eyes and give the girls a quizzical look. "Were at... a farm?" I say, eyeing the red barn and the fields of corn around us.

A hand grabs mine and yanks me until I'm facing another direction. "Not just any farm! A pumpkin patch!" Hallie exclaims. Families are bustling about with red wagons filled with pumpkins of varying sizes. Children, eager to be wearing their costumes before Halloween, are running around dressed up like witches, super heroes, animals, and princesses.

I cringe a little. "What are we doing here?"

"We're getting pumpkins! I know your dad hasn't taken you to a pumpkin patch since, like middle school." Lindsey explains, "and we really just all wanted to take you. We can get kettle corn and apple cider, go on a hay ride, go through a corn field, and get some pumpkins."

I smile at her appreciatively. "Why did I have to be blindfolded then?"

"Did it not add suspense? It seems super anticlimactic if you saw the sign before we arrived, don't you think?"

I shrug as the girls nod in unison.

"Okay, you rotten whores. You dragged me out here so I want food."

We decide to visit the corn maze first. With all of the corn sheltering us from the wind, the sun's warmth beat down on us. I had to take off my jean jacket and tie it around my waist, which was a mini victory in my mind. It felt like a last hoorah- one of the last days that it was warm enough to walk without a jacket.

The corn maze was fun. Lindsey (as per usual) told us about a time she had sex in a corn maze at night.

We've all heard this story before, in fact, it seems like a fall tradition now. Like the last time we heard this tale, we joked about how it was a bummer she didn't meet a ghost or an axe murderer.

I then mentioned that if they ever drag me into a corn maze at night I'll become an axe murderer.

We took a hay ride down into the field full of pumpkins. I tried to find the most symmetrical,  Lindsey found an abstract one, Hal chose a round one and Kate's is so lopsided it can barely stand up.

It seems like our choices reflect our personalities.

"So... Lindsey what happened to that new boyfriend of yours?" In the past few weeks Lindsey had been dating this guy (who's name I can't remember) until she suddenly stopped talking to him.