9 Months Later - 25

Start from the beginning

            “All done.” Lena chirped smiling at her empty plate. She clapped her hands excitedly as I took her out of her chair. Dante lead her out to the living room and I finished putting the dishes into the sink, I could wash them later. I walked out just as Lena tore the pretty wrapping paper off the package.

            “A new baby! Mommy look!” She said turning around to show me. Dante easily opened the box that the baby doll was in and gave it to Lena. I sat on the couch next to him while she began to play with the toys I kept downstairs for her. She had stroller, some books, and some play food. All of which she was using at the moment.

            “You look like you slept well last night.” Dante said smiling.

            “For the first time in months it was easy too.” I said smiling as I remembered the way Damon had touched me night before. Dante and I talked while Lena played. I looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after nine in the morning.

            “Play upstairs mommy?” Lena questioned me. I nodded my head, “Sure baby. Come on.” I said while I stood up from the couch. She carried her baby doll over to me and followed me to the stairs. I held her hand while she took her time being careful not to trip. Dante decided to clean up the breakfast mess before coming upstairs to join us. When we got to the playroom Lena wanted to play mommies. She gave me the new baby to hold while she patted her other baby to sleep. A few minutes later she was pretending to cook. I heard footsteps coming down the hall and looked at the door expecting to see Dante. When Lena looked up and saw Damon in the doorway her eyes doubled in size, she screamed with delight, and dropped the pan and running over to him. He bent down meeting her at his legs and lifting her up into a hug.

            “Mommy, daddies back!” She said looking at me. I smiled and looked at her.

            “Yes baby he is.” I said while kissing her on the cheek. Just as Damon had put Lena down Dante ambushed Damon in a similar fashion as Lena just had.

            “Why didn’t you tell me you were back?” Dante scolded backing out of his brotherly hug.

            “Dad told me you would be here a little after me, I figured I would surprise everyone.” He said smiling.

            “I didn’t even know you had finished…” Dante trailed off looking from me to Lena. I narrowed my eyes at him. I knew he had known where Damon was the entire time and what he was doing, now he was caught. It got quiet for a few seconds before Lena interrupted.