chaper eleven

a/n: imma do the beginning and some other parts of this chapter in Dinah's POV to give some more depth to her character. also this chapter contains the topic of abuse so if this upsets you i'm sorry if it does but i want everyone to be happy

Dinah was pissed. It was late Monday night and after practice she had gone to get some food. She ended up falling asleep at her table and one of the waitresses woke her up to tell her that they were closing. On the car ride home, she was mad and nervous. She was mad because she had fallen asleep and it was now ten at night, an hour past when she was supposed to be home. She was nervous because of what her mom was going to say to her. When she pulled up to her house, she could practically feel the commotion from inside. The blonde took a deep breath, leaving her gear in the car. She entered the house and was met with the usual extreme noise.

"Mommy is really mad," one of Dinah's youngest sisters Regina pointed.

"I'm not stupid," Dinah grumbled, going to find her mom. As much as she didn't want to, she knew she had to. Her mom was in the kitchen, balancing Seth on her hip. Seth was screaming at the top of his lungs. Her mom noticed her and a look of anger and disgust washed over her face.

"Where have you been?" she spat at the teenager.

"I-I'm sorry, I went for food after practice and fell asleep, I didn't-"

"You fell asleep? You were supposed to be home to watch the kids at 9. It's your responsibility!" Milika yelled. Seth was still crying. Dinah was raging, her insides burning with physical pain. She wanted to scream and yell and protest because it wasn't her responsibility to deal with her siblings, it was her parents. But she didn't do anything. She just put her head down and nodded.

"I'm sorry," Dinah mumbled weakly.

"No you're not. Take him, I'm going out," her mom said flatly, roughly giving the distressed toddler to Dinah.

"Disappointment," Milika mumbled while shoving past Dinah. Dinah bit her lip and tried hard not to cry. She attempted to soothe Seth with everything she could think of that didn't involve speaking, but she knew that he would only calm down for her singing. She sang the first song she could think of.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried."

She started quietly, but loud enough for Seth to hear. His screaming instantly got less violent as the blonde cradled him in her arms.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away."

Seth calmed down more with each word. Dinah's heart was aching but she went on as strong as she could. The toddler was just crying now, no full on screaming.

"I'll always love you and make you happy,
If you will only say the same.
But if you leave me and love another,
You'll regret it all some day:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away."

Her voice wavered slightly and a lump that made it hard to swallow formed in her throat. But Seth was calming down and she couldn't just stop in the middle.

"You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between.
But now you've left me and love another;
You have shattered all of my dreams: