You Have to Decide. Now!

Start from the beginning

I squirmed in my seat.

Myrnin looked back at me, and raised his eyebrow knowingly. I blushed deeply when I remembered he could feel my emotions. And if that were not embarrassment enough, he also recognized the scent of my arousal. I blushed again.

He knew I wanted him. There was no hiding it. He smiled at me wickedly, his eyes gleaming with sexual intent, clearly making me silent promises for future pleasures.

I stifled the gasp that wanted to spring from my lips as searing heat ran through my entire body, hard and strong. My chest heaved slightly as I worked to get myself back under control.

He grinned widely at my response, his dark liquid eyes dancing with satisfaction.

"Stop that", I mouthed the words, scolding him for making me so crazy.

His eyes were unrepentant as he turned away from me, and looked out the front window, a smirk lingering on his lips.

I dug quickly for my phone, intent on finding something, anything, to take my mind off of the many things Myrnin could do to me.

-------------------

Ten minutes later, Michael decelerated and pulled the car over into the brush.

Myrnin hadn't been wrong about the terrain being difficult. He and Michael led the way through a dense forest. The darkness was profound. Very little moonlight reached past the thick trees to the forest floor.

Shane had taken the opportunity to hold my hand as we walked, but I was glad since I found myself stumbling over sticks and brush more than once. Even Myrnin didn't seem to mind after Shane kept me from falling flat on my face - again.

Suddenly, I saw a break in the trees ahead. Hugely relieved to be out of the forest, I exhaled and looked around. We appeared to be on rolling hills and headed upward. I was grateful for the light, but the incline had my shins whining in pain. I was tempted to tell Shane about Myrnin right then because I knew Myrnin would carry me. But I already felt terrible about the pain Shane would go through, so I gritted my teeth and kept forcing my aching legs to move.

We finally crested the largest of the hills. I stopped, inhaling deeply, fascinated by the large expanse of ruins ahead of us. The largest structure had clearly been magnificent, many of its stone walls still rose majestically in the air. It was surprisingly more complete than I would have expected. A soft moss grew along the walls.

"What is that?" I breathed, looking over to find Myrnin.

"Hotel Elysium," he murmured.

I realized with a shock that Myrnin must have been here when it was a thriving and elegant city. My eyes lost focus as I 'felt' the life and history that used to exist here. It felt unexpectedly beautiful and sad at the same time. I blinked and brushed the moisture out of my eyes quickly. This was no time to get sentimental.

Myrnin was watching me intently. I blushed and asked, "Elysium?"

"Elysium in classical mythology referred to a location after death for the blessed - paradise. Vampires used the term to refer to places we may gather without fear of harm; most notably found in connection with distinguished cultures such as opera houses, museums and hotels."

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

"Indeed. Its grandeur was unparalleled in its time. I wish you could have seen it then. It was an experience unlike any other," Myrnin murmured quietly.

I felt a familiar tightening in my chest. The same feeling I always got when he was sad or upset. My arms ached to hold him.

Myrnin seemed to shake himself out of his reverie and said, "Come...We must continue."