Girl Talk Confessions

Start from the beginning

I was at a loss for words. "Can we talk about you now?" I pleaded.

She smiled, the glow returning to her cheeks. "I thought I gave up the opportunity to have my own child when I married Michael," her voice broke, as her eyes shone with happiness. "But, I'm scared out of my mind. Michael called Theo. Theo told him it was rare but not unheard of, especially with very young vampires. We are going to see him as soon as we get back so he can look at the baby via ultrasound. And then we will start to research, so we can find out exactly what we are up against."

"I'll help you with that," I promised as I reached to hug her again.

"I thought you might," she grinned.

We talked for a little while longer, but gradually the lack of sleep took over and we both nodded off.

--------------------

When I awoke, I had no idea what time it was or even where I was. I glanced up to find Eve's face smiling down on me. "Hello, sleepyhead. We thought you were going to sleep forever."

"We?" I looked at her quizzically and then glanced around the room. I found Myrnin sitting at a table with Michael, his eyes deeply focused on me. I blushed and my heart rate spiked. I know he heard it because he smiled knowingly. Thankfully, Michael chose to tactfully ignore it.

"How long have you been here," I asked, my voice a little raspy still from sleep.

"Awhile," he hedged.

Warmth flowed through me. I knew that probably meant most of the time I was asleep. There was something incredibly powerful to know that he watched over me, always keeping me safe. It gave me a feeling of invincibility. I knew it was a false comfort, because my life had been threatened plenty of times, even when Myrnin was with me. But somehow, we always seemed to survive together.

From my view through the window, I saw the sun was beginning to set. We would need to be leaving soon. "Where's Shane?" I asked.

Myrnin's expression turned hard. I hated to upset him, but we were all going to have to focus on the plan now, and that included Shane.

Michael answered, "He's sleeping as well."

I nodded.

Michael continued, "As soon as the sun goes down, we are going to hunt. I can't risk taking any blood from Eve - and he will need to stay lucid."

Myrnin rolled his eyes, but I saw an edge to them. He stood with Michael.

I started to sweat when I thought about him hunting. Too many things could go wrong. "Wait," I whispered and walked to Myrnin. I placed my hand on his chest to get his complete attention. I shouldn't have worried about him not paying attention, because the closer I got to him, the more his intensity increased. It was becoming harder to form rational thoughts as he locked me in his unfathomable gaze.

"Please...Don't kill anyone," I pleaded softly. "Promise me...Promise me you won't kill anyone."

There was an undeniable shift in our relationship as we stared at each other now. I didn't know what exactly, but as I looked into his eyes, I knew he felt it as well. "Cariad..." he whispered and then stopped, struggling for words. He finally gave up and just murmured softly, "I promise."

I relaxed a little and then interjected quickly, "And they have to be male." I bit my lip.

His smile widened. He leaned down to my ear and whispered, "Jealously looks lovely on you."

I blushed and stammered, "No...A man has a much better chance of surviving you...I'm just being practical."

"Indeed," he smirked. I knew he wasn't fooled for a second.

They left and I turned to check on Eve. Before I could even get a word out, she breathed, "Wow...You weren't kidding."

"What?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"The steam coming off of the two of you heated the entire room," she replied, sounding a little awed.

"Was it that obvious?" I whispered, afraid I wouldn't be able to keep it from Shane until we got back.

She raised an eyebrow and teased, "I'm beginning to think I am going to miss out on quite a trip."

I cringed.

She quickly gathered me in a hug. "I love you. I obviously can't object to your choice of him. But...Please be careful."

We talked until Michael returned thirty minutes later. Myrnin wasn't with him. My heart skipped a beat. Michael supplied, "He's out by the car."

I relaxed and hugged Eve tightly, incredibly thankful for her unconditional friendship. "We'll be back before you know it. Be safe."

"Yeah...I just plan on kicking up my feet, eating Bonbons and ordering room service. I think it is you who needs to be safe," she said pointedly.

"I will." I kissed her on the cheek and went to find Myrnin.

Little did I know, just how thoroughly, I would not be keeping my promise to stay safe...

.

Would LOVE it if you would smash the little VOTE button; and if you're feeling extra fancy, a comment in the little ole box below would be fantastic....