Chapter 18 ~ Gamble

[A/n]
Man, I have another idea of a Levi X reader book! I'm getting excited because I've been planning it almost half a year :3 but first, I must finish this book.

{Published on} June 7th, 2017

{Word count} 3664

* * *

Your POV

'He... got me?'

I look down to see dark, dripping blood coating my hands. I fall upon my knees, gripping my arm but I could feel the warm blood seeping through my fingertips.

Levi rushes to my side quicker than my brain could comprehend. I can't breathe, my chest is more in pain in my arm. My lungs feel like I just drank a liter of cement and it's solidifying.

Levi unzips my black jacket, then unbuckling my bullet-proof vest. Suddenly, air is easier to flow into my lungs and I end up coughing, my hands on the ground as I try to steady myself.

"I-I'm fine," I inhale deeply, rubbing the middle of my chest because of the pain. "Go check Auruo," I said, wincing as Levi touched my wound. He clicks his tongue, his brows scrounging up refusing to move from you.

"I'm fine," hollers Auruo on the ground with his head bleeding. "The bastard hit me in the head, then was about to finish me off until he heard you guys opened the door," he sits up. "Thanks, saved my life..." he mumbles, obviously not used to showing his gratification.

Levi beckons his head, saying nothing but intently focusing on my wound. "Just grazed, you might need stitches though," he rips the sleeve of his shirt and using it to wrap around my arm.

"Levi your shirt-" I began to point out because of his cleaning Obsessive Compulsion Disorder(OCD).

"It's fine," he says but his finger twitching because of all the dirt that his body collected today. "I'll burn this shirt later."

Shivering, I felt goosebumps rise on my skin. Then the thought hit me like a grenade, exploding the abnormal cold throughout my body.

'I killed someone..'

"You're such an idiot, brat," Levi mutters, knotting the ripped clothe so tight that I groan. "You're lucky you had a vest on," he goes on. "Brat..." he stares into your eyes then shakes his head as if he were in a deep thought. Levi finishes his job with me then turning to Auruo, "where are the others?"

"I-I'll see if there's any update," Auruo replies back, pressing on the radio and turning it on. The device crackled, and a voice statically spoke out:

"Reporting to all squads, Extraction has been completed, all traps placed throughout the building had been disabled. Scavengers still scurrying."

"Scavengers scurrying?" I question at Levi.

"It means there still more rats in the building," Auruo answers in his stead, still laying as he groans and grips his head. He pressed on the radio, speaking in a clear voice. "Medical attention needed in the west side of the building."

An immediate static and crackle broke out in response.

"Understood."

"Second floor," Auruo spoke only, telling our floor level, not telling where the room we were in.

'Did he forget where we were?... well, he did have a concussion.'

"We're on the room on-" I try to say loudly but Auruo tunes the radio off and Levi cuts me off.