Chapter 2 ~ The New Kid

[A/n]
So, I didn't want this to be just a random fanfiction. Once in an awhile in the [A/n] I will ask a question.

{Official Publish} April 27th, 2015

{Republished on} June 14th, 2016

{Word Count} 2871

* * *

Your POV

'A bully, in the school already. It's still my first week at this school.' I thought.

Rumors have spread that a new student arrived a couple days ago. Hearing from the other students, he was nicknamed the Bully. One reason was because he threatened to harm another student, and also it was a simpler name people could remember. I don't think many people know him by his real name.

The Bully was extremely rude, yet some girls would talk about him, saying he was pretty good looking. For me, I prefer to avoid people like him.

"Today, I'll be talking about the-" I mumble to myself but stop, face-palming my forehead with my left hand. I shuffle my small note cards, setting the neat stack at the corner of my desk.

Today was a presentation that I had to do, and it was a majority percentage of my grade.

My chest rose as I inhale to calm my nerves down. I laid my head upon the desk, my cheek squishing against the cool surface while facing the windows.

Outside looked perfect, white puffs of clouds were gliding through the sky and the bright sun was out. I felt the refreshing breeze, blowing on my face from the open window.

'Maybe I should take Miya to the park?' I thought the days were getting colder and shorter. Good thing it wouldn't snow in this area, but it would feel as if it were an actual snowstorm.

My e/c eyes saw the Bully sitting in his assigned seat which was directly next to the windows. His attention was diverted outside, and his eyes were locked onto the horizon beyond. His elbow was propped on top of the desk, while his face was resting on his hand. He wore a bored, unmovable face, nothing intriguing to him.

~Ring~Ring~Ring~

The bell had rang for third hour, and classes were beginning. That also meant the decision of my final grade for the first semester.

"The faster you get to your seats, the faster class will end smoothly!" yells the teacher then sitting in her desk, typing on her computer and taking attendance. Couple minutes passed and she stood up in front of the class.

"Now, I'm sure you remembered our last project we did, about discussing activities in the world. Well, we have one more person presenting and I want you to listen." She says then giving me a long look.

I felt my heart thump loudly, starting to feel a tingly sensation in my stomach.

'You got this...I think? It won't take long, just be really quick.' I mentally encourage myself, making my wobbly legs stand. I pick my papers off my desk, carefully holding them and slowly shuffling my feet to the front of the classroom.

"U-Um!! I-I-I am presenting about the-"

I was so nervous that I didn't even notice my papers had slipped out from my grip, flying to the ground.

~Knock~Knock~Knock~

At that same moment, someone rattled against the door three times. From the sound of it, this person is strangely excited for some reason.