Chapter 11 ~ F/n?

[A/n]
Question of the day; favorite song? Artist? Band?

Once again I apologize, I've been super busy with work. I hope you guys can understand.

{Official publish on} September 5th, 2016

{Republish on} October 30th, 2016

{Word count} 3310

* * *

"We're moving."

More still than a stealth stick-bug, I had imagine even that news was too dramatic to my heart that it stopped beating.

If we were moving a week ago before the incident with David, I would have been fine with it. Moving was the circle of my life, but all that's changed now. I found a job which could change my life, Miya is happy here at her school instead of being abuse by bullies. And we have a chance to get out of this hell-hole we're force to call home.

Moving would change the social connections that Miya already establish, not to mention a few friends I have already bonded with.

"No, we're not moving." I manage to breathe out. "I told you, if you're mad about us being late I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I apologize despite of me trying not to gag for just being in the same room as her.

My shoulders felt light, releasing some satisfaction. For once, it felt nice to say what was on my mind.

"We're not moving because of that," she says, adjusting the stick in her mouth and fuming smoke through her nose. "I'm surprise that you're not agreeing to moving, even though you've been bullied at your school."

"It doesn't matter what happens to me, as long as Miya is happy." I retort, standing in front of Miya to shield her away from my aunts eyes.

"That's funny, but I'm your guardian. You don't even have experience or money to help you pay for the school fees or even find a decent place to live." she states.

I hate to admit it, but she was right. Once she leave, we would be penniless and unable to find food.

'Maybe Levi will help us?...' I thought at first but thinking of the aftermath. 'No! This is my problem, I am old enough to do this on my own..'

"Moving truck comes in a few days, better say your goodbyes soon." Our aunt adds, then picking up her phone which began to ring. She averts her direction, then whisking herself away again into the kitchen.

"B-big sis, are we really going to move?" Miya asks, looking up her head with an desperate eyes looking for comfort from her big sister, me. She sniff, rubbing her eyes as those tears threaten to fall.

"I... I promise," I said, kneeling down and wiping away them away from the edge of her eyes. I won't let us move." I speak, squeezing her hand then latching my pinky with hers. "Get inside now, I have to talk with our aunt." I almost hiss at the term, then emphatically rush the child in my room, closing the door on her.

I climb down the staircase and silently walked to the kitchen. The kitchen had a door that would swing either in or outwards, and a opening that led to the living room. Without making a single creak of the swinging door, I open it partially for vision.