Chapter 19 - A Quiet Saturday

Start from the beginning

In any case, I well intend to find out what this is all about, but first, I want to make him change his mind and forget his reluctance about our age difference. I don't expect it to be an easy task and it might take some time, but I seriously thought about it last night while he was taking care of Jess after our conversation; I need to get closer to him; I need to make him get used to me. Needless to say that I immediately put my plan into action when he came back; I simply begged him to stay with me until I would fall asleep, to which he yielded quite easily. Without leaving him much choice, I immediately snuggled to his side and let myself drowse off to sleep, feeling safe and comfortable in his arms.

The pillow he was lying on still smells of his cologne, which makes me think that he must have spent the whole night here in my bed, so this is kind of a victory for me. Now, that doesn't mean I am not scared to go downstairs and meet him. I really hope that things are not going to become awkward between us after the kiss event... After a while, I eventually gather the courage to face Camden though, and walk out of my room to head downstairs, but as I do so, I can hear him speak, probably on the phone, and the conversation seems to be quite heated. I remain as silent as I can and wait at the bottom of the staircase for a while, listening to what he says. I can hear him quite clearly from the kitchen.

"Well, I'm sorry but I don't owe you or anyone any explanation, Mark!" Camden exclaims angrily. Mark...? I think it's the same guy who called him last weekend already.

".........."

"Then tell them that I'm just too busy at the moment. Work has been crazy and I need some sleep! And in any case, I'm not accountable for anything and as far as I know, there is no rule saying I need to be there all the time!" he growls.

".........."

"I already texted Aaron about yesterday and apologized for the last minute change. I don't see what I could do more!"

".........."

"Not likely; I don't think I'll come tonight either..." he says irritatingly.

".........."

"No promise, Mark. I don't know when I'll go there next..."

".........."

"Screw you, Mark! That's what it is! And if you guys are not happy with it, you can go f..."

"..........."

"I'm not being rude! You are! I don't really appreciate being called a pain in the ass just because I'm not going to the Diamond for a couple of weeks!" he shouts. "Anyway, I gotta go now, so have a good weekend!" The next second, I hear his mobile phone being tossed on the counter and I guess he must have cut the call. "Fuck!" he then growls with rage.

What a great start to the day... At least I'm not the one to piss him off this time, but I guess he won't be in the best of moods today. What worries me though, is what I understood from the conversation. It seems like Camden has been ditching on his friends lately and they are probably getting mad at him. He mentioned something called the Diamond and I wonder what that is. Camden and his friends all seem to be well-off - I can easily tell from the pictures I saw in his living room and the way they all look and dress - so I assume that his is some kind of club where they meet... maybe he plays golf or something like that... After all, this is what rich people usually do, right? Or maybe that's just a bar?

Whatever that Diamond thing is, Camden hasn't been there in a while apparently and I can't help feeling a bit guilty about it; for some reason, I am under the impression that this is because he spends a lot of time with me, and I really appreciate that, but I don't want to ruin his social life either. Maybe I should try and convince him to go and spend some time with his friends, and yet, I selfishly can't help thinking that it would go against my plans to get closer to him considering how he already gets back home late all week long.