Chapter Nine

[Naw]

Baccata's face smashed to the ground and a loud "umph!" escaped his mouth. Nixie crushed his shoulder, pressing her tiny feet down into his back. He groaned, "All right! That's enough!"

She stepped back, releasing her opponent from the disruptive attack she unleashed on him. He stood up, bewailing words below his breath she could not understand; she could only imagine what he was saying. He yelled at one of the servants, "Go get Irgis, now!"

Nixie smirked, feeling quite pleased with herself. Baccata's comments of how he would destroy her in training danced around in her mind. Her own actions sang in victory, she sure showed him. 

Fragile her arse!

"Again," he hissed and cracked his knuckles. He placed his feet apart and lifted his fists, ready for her strike.

Nixie's mouth curved upwards, his moves were predictable and it succored as his greatest weakness. His strength would serve him no purpose if his opponents were quick enough to observe all his tricks. It was quite simple really, all she had to do was manipulate him into an expected position so that she could dominate him. 

Nixie thanked her uncle mentally for forcing her to learn the art of Kochu. His intentions were for her to be able to protect Oldaff when he would be unable to, but now, she was able to utilize her skills to render Baccata's so-called 'training' useless.  

Kochu focused on exhausting ones opponent by disorientation through fast movements and unexpected attacks. Nixie's main focus was not to use strength as an asset, but endurance to block attacks and counterattack instantaneously. The ability to be light on foot and agile, without sacrificing ones steadiness was regarded as the perfect art of Kochu. 

Nixie hopped forward, pretending to punch Baccata, before retracting her steps. She taunted him over and over again and this seemed to anger him more. 

He huffed, "Your tricks won't work on me!" Little did he know his angered outburst was exactly what she wanted. He rolled his eyes, "Let's settle this little game of yours, I'm getting tired!" he lunged forward and aimed his fist at her face.

Nixie laughed as she sidestepped Baccata in a swift movement. He did not respond quick enough, which gave Nixie the time to squat down, extend one leg out and swing it around her body. Baccata's eyes grew wide as he saw her leg plunge in to his own, but before he could react he tripped and fell with a flat face to the ground. 

Baccata groaned. He refused to lift his head.

Nixie smirked, bending over. She tapped his shoulder, "You lack the knowledge of how to respond to an opponent who is fast on their feet. Better luck next time."

The clap of hands drew Nixie's focus to where Irgis stood by the door, "Well done my love! You impress me beyond my greatest expectations!"

Baccata grumbled before jerking himself up. He whimpered his way to where Irgis stood. "Irgis, you have made a fool out of me!" he accused him.

Irgis shook his head, "Truly brother, I did not know she can fight so well!"

He pointed his finger towards Nixie, "That woman of yours can fight better than all of our warriors combined, what kind of trick are you playing on me?"

Irgis lifted his hands in surrender, "I give you my word, I did not know brother!" his gaze turned to Nixie and he grinned, "She is exquisite, is she not?"

Baccata rolled his eyes, "Well, I best be on my way then, it seems your wife does not require training after all."

Irgis glowered, "Hold on brother, she still needs training with her dragon. Even if she is skilled on the ground, lowlanders do not have dragons in combat."

*ON HOLD* The Airborne Oracles [Book I - Breeding the fire]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें