"Your Own Mind"

Zachaes takes a breath as he holds Sophia in his arms. He decided that she would be his anchor. He looks at his father who gives him a reassuring nod. Vivianne and Adrian were both a little skeptical of the idea at first, but eventually caved when they realized Zachaes's love for Jinelle.

Zachaes closes his eyes and enters the world that is Jinelle's mind...

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Jinelle closes her eyes and puts her head on her knees, hoping for what seemed like the billionth time, that this is just a dream. A nightmare that she will wake up from as soon as she opens her eyes. She's watched Zachaes and Sophia be murdered 173 times, in 173 different ways. Yes, she's been counting.

"Jinelle," She hears Zachaes's voice again.

"Go away!" She screams.

She feels a comforting hand on her shoulder, but she doesn't look up. Her human mind knows that all of these different Zachaes's aren't real, but Cosmina doesn't know that and all she sees is her mate being harmed.

"I'm real Jinelle, we have to leave," Zachaes says.

Jinelle stands up with red puffy eyes and wraps her arms around Zachaes. "I know you're not real, and I know you're going to die, but I want you to know that I love you," she rambles.

"I'm not going anywhere love, come on, we have to go."

"I don't know how you're going to die this time, and I don't know where Sophia is, but just let me hug you before you go."

"Jinelle, enough, lets go home."

Jinelle looks up and sees her hallucination looking at her with pained eyes. She looks around to see what's killing him, but nothing has come yet. She looks up at him one more time, before pushing him away.

She runs away and sees Zachaes being ripped apart by... her wolf? 174.

She screams and turns around then runs. Before she can take a few steps, she runs into a hard wall, which just happens to be Zachaes. She looks back at the other Zachaes, not knowing which one she wants to go to.

It seems like every time she wants to go to a Zachaes, he gets farther as she gets closer. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Cosmina only sees the harmed Zachaes and begs Jinelle to go to him.

Jinelle doesn't listen and goes to the Zachaes that is within her reach.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Zachaes looks at Jinelle's tired and pained face. He tries to see what she is seeing, but he can't see what is hurting her, which is making his beast upset.

Console her!!

Don't you think I'm trying?

It's obviously not working!

I never asked for your opinion!

Well you get it anyways. Ask her what is wrong and fix it or I will!

If you seem so good at this, why don't you take over!

Maybe I will!

Zachaes shakes his head. He can't let the beast take over because if he does, he'll lose his anchor with Sophia.

Are you real?

Yes love, I am.

Why am I here?

I think Lilith put a curse on you.

Why are you here? Don't watch any of this hell that I'm enduring. Go take care of Sophia. I'll get through this.

Bonded To My Enemyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें