Chapter Fifty Two: Maybe We Are Just Meant To Be Friends?

Please listen to No Promises by Demi Lovato feat Cheat Code while reading this! You know, because this chapter is emotional as me watching Thirteen Reasons Why while eating cookies and cream icecream.

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

I watch as Bennet walks towards me, his hands in his pocket and a hood over his head. I stand up and Bennet stops walking, standing directly in front of me.

"Hi," Bennet says and I nod, pointing down at the porch.

"Sit. You need to explain everything before my mind literally explodes." I say and Bennet chuckles and nods. He sits down on the porch and I sit down next to him, leaning against the wood planks that make up the railing. I hear my phone buzz beside me and I pick it up.

Nicole: I'll take care of James for you. Don't worry about a thing :)

I let out a sigh of relief and place the phone back beside me before looking back up at Bennet. I watch as he takes his hood off of his head and I can't help but smile when his brown hair falls to the corner of his face.

"Okay, so what do you want to know?" Bennet asks and I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Aren't you suppose to be doing all the talking?" I ask and Bennet nods.

"Yes but I need to know what you want me to explain." Bennet says and I chuckle.

"Right. Okay, why did James kidnap you? Do you two know each other?" I ask and Bennet shakes his head.

"No, we don't know anything about each other - well, that's what I know. I have no clue about who he is or what he does for a living. Him on the other hand, he probably knows a lot of stuff about me which is how is found me and kidnapped me while I was in my hotel room." Bennet explains and I nod.

"So, anyway, why I got kidnapped too... I have no idea." Bennet says and I frown.

"Are you sure? I mean, you might just forgot-"

"I'm sure, Grace. I know what I know." Bennet smiles and I let out a sigh, nodding.

"Okay. Well, why are you around here? How did you know about me? Why haven't I heard about you before? Why-" Bennet laughs, cutting me off.

"One question at a time." Bennet says and I apologize. Bennet waves me off before letting out a sigh.

"I'll answer your first question. I was around this area because I heard about mom. My adoptive parents kept mom's death a secret from me for a while which is why I probably missed her funeral, yes?" Bennet asks and I nod, a sad frown making its way onto my face. "Anyway, so, after my adoptive parents kept acting suss, I went through their latest emails and messages and thats how I heard about mom. I also found out that I had a sister so I wrote down a few things like your number and full name so I could find you. Then, I saw the information about dad and wrote down the address, realising that since you aren't over eighteen, you would still be will dad." Bennet says and I nod, quite impressed with Bennet's skills.

"So, I decided to leave the house in hope to find you and dad. My adoptive parents were on holiday so I figured that it was the best time to leave so I went. When I got here, I decided to sneak into the house by climbing the side of the house. When I nearly reached the window though, a car pulled out and I saw a guy walk up to the door with a toolbox in his hand. Out of instinct, I jumped down and ran, deciding to go and see dad later when he wasn't busy. Later that day, I came back here and noticed police and ambulance everywhere. I had no idea what happened and then, just as I was about to leave, I noticed you sitting right here," Bennet points to tell spot where he is now. "And you had a lady next to you and a police officer in front of you, clicking in your face. Before you could notice me, I ran back to my hotel room and saw that dad was currently in hospital which explained the police and ambulance vans." Bennet explains and I hold back the tears.