Chapter Four: Mum, My Friend Is A Boy.

I read a lot of your comments on the precious chapter and you are all too funny. But to put your minds to rest, Luke and Grace are not related. Also, thank you for the beautiful cover! Words can not describe how talented you are!

~ ~ ~

Grace's P.O.V

"Hey, Mum." Luke says, making my eyes quickly drift away from his mother.

"Hey, honey." Luke's mum says, tiredly. "Who's this?"

When I realise that she's referring to me, the girl who is currently sitting on her couch, making herself at home in her house, I feel my heart race in fear. I glance over and watch as she puts her handbag on the table before walking over to us. Luke looks over at me, a small smile on his face.

"This is Grace." Luke says and I watch as Luke's mum looks over at me. "She's a friend from school."

"Hi..." I trail off, not really knowing what to do in this situation. Luke's mum smiles at me, making my heart continue to race.

Suddenly, Luke's mum pulls me into a hug, taking me by surprise. "Hello, Grace. I'm Bree." When Bree let's go of me, I watch her smile continue to grow. "Are you staying for dinner?" Bree asks, her question making me shake my head.

"N-No, I have to leave." I stutter, watching as Bree nods, bringing me into a second hug.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Grace. Hopefully you can come around for dinner another time." Bree says, her instant niceness towards me making me smile slightly as I stand up. Suddenly, Luke grabs my hand but before I can say anything, he pulls me over towards the stairs.

"We aren't finished talking about..." Luke trails off, hoping that I know what he is talking about, and I do. When nothing comes out of my mouth to try and protest, Luke continues. "We'll talk tomorrow." Luke says, and all I do is nod.

"What about the clothes?" I ask, pointing down at the white tank top and the shorts. Luke glances down before smiling.

"Keep them." Luke says and before I can thank him, or even say anything for that matter, he grabs my hand as we walk out of the house.

"I'll drop you home."

~ ~ ~

After Luke dropping me home, I have now walked into my house to see Mum sitting on the couch, her sketchbook in her hands. Smiling, I close the front door behind me, catching the attention of Mum.

"You're home..." Mum trails off, making me nod as I walk over to her. When I give her a quick hug, I sit next to her and glance over at the drawing that isn't finished yet.

It's a picture of a man. Perfect shaped lips. Sharp jaw. Curved Nose. Neat eyebrows. Freckles. Blue eyes. Taking in the drawing, I immediately recognise the person who Mum has drawn.

Uncle Christian.

"Would you like something to eat?" Mum ask, closing the sketchbook and placing it beside her. Nodding, I stand up the same time Mum does and follow her into the kitchen. When Mum begins to make me a snack, I begin to think about the drawing.

Uncle Christian, or Chris for short, was the most amazing man I had the chance of knowing. Other than the fact that I had first met Uncle Chris when he was in hospital, trying to fight the cancer, he was still pretty amazing. According to Mum, he was the best older brother you'd ever want to have. Protective. Funny. Caring. Mum had always told me stories about Uncle Chris, saying how when her father was never around, her brother would decide to help her with her homework until it was early in the morning. Another story explaining when a few boys at school were texting rude, sexual comments to her, she had shown Uncle Chris and he would set them straight.