Chapter Nine: Dance With Me.

Thank you noctuaries for the beautiful cover above! I love it so much! Also, for all of you readers, if you are enjoying this book, don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy the chapter!

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

"Thank you for... you know." I say and Luke smiles at me.

"Its fine. I'm just happy that listened to me." Luke says and I nod slowly, going back at looking at the view of the water and the waves.

After Luke had got me out of school grounds, he took me to the beach which was a ten minute drive from the school. We are currently sitting on the sand, watching the sun set and the waves crash against the water.

"I have an idea." Luke says and I turn to him, confused but intrigued. Luke flashes me a heart stopping smile before standing up, holding out both his hands.

"Let dance." Luke says and I shake my head, a smile appearing on my face.

"No way." I say and Luke looks down at me and narrows his eyes.

"Why not? It'll be fun." Luke says and I roll my eyes.

"To you, watching me fail, yes that will be fun but only to you." I say and Luke fishes his phone out of his pocket and all of a sudden the song Meant To Be by Arc North plays and he grabs my hands, pulling me up.

I want you to show me
How to get to know
Someone like you
Someone like you

"Come on, just ignore everyone and let yourself be free for once. You honestly deserve this and when we are finished, you'll feel amazing." Luke says to me and I let out a sigh before looking up at Luke.

I want you to know me
Cause I'll know then you'll see
That we can be true
We can be true

"You won't laugh?" I ask and Luke shakes his head.

I want you to see what
I see in us
Something so real
Something so real

"Promise." Luke says and I smile, nodding.

I want you to see that
This is a love
That we both feel
That we both feel

"Okay well, what do we do now?" I ask Luke and he let's go of my hands and moves back while jumping in the air to the beat.

And how will we ever know
That the love will never grow
Without trying
Without trying

"Just move to the beat and see what your body does and just let it flow." Luke smiles as her twirls in the sand, making sure to kick some off the sand up into the air. I let out a laugh and nod.

And how are we to ever see
If we are meant to be
Its terrifying
Its terrifying

As the beat drops, I let out a smile and start to twirl in the sand, jumping around and dancing around Luke who is smiling.

"There you go!" Luke says and I smile, grabbing his hands.

"Dance with me." I say and Luke nods, the smile still on his face.

"My pleasure, Gracie."

●●●

As I enter my house, I notice that once again, my father is not home. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water, not bothering to eat anything since Luke had already bought me something to eat on the way here and I take a sip before walking up the stairs and into the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror and let out a smile. "Wow, would you look at that." I say, flicking some of the sand out of my hair. I pick up a few strands of my hair and hold it in my hand. Since my dark purple hair goes down to my waist, I never usually bothered to look at the tips of my hair.

"I honestly need to brush my hair. It's so knotty." I say before grabbing the brush, running it through my hair.

After I get all the knots out of my hair, something flashes in the corner of my eyes and I look over to see that it is a pair of scissors.

Should I? I mean, who short hair even suit me? I don't have money to pay for a haircut so I can't do it professionally but I'll find a hair style for it, right?

I grab the scissors and hold it in my hands. "Good luck, Grace." I say to myself before cutting a huge chunk of my purple hair off.

●●●

Dear Diary,

Today, I made the decision to kill myself today because of mom, dad and school. Well, obviously it didn't go to plan since I am writing this but anyway, do you want to know what happened?

Luke practically stopped me from jumping off the school's roof and I don't even know what emotions were running through me at the time. I was happy but angry, not with Luke but with myself. I can't believe I had stupidly even thought of killing myself when people are going through the same thing and still holding strong. It just makes me pathetic, doesn't it?

Anyway, after Luke and I left the school, he took me to the beach and we danced. We freaking danced! The last time I danced was at my parents wedding and that was when I was truly happy. Even though I am in a bad place right now, when we danced, he made me feel happy. I don't know why but I just can't stop thinking about him. I think I have a tiny crush on him. I don't know but I like the feeling because the last time I felt like someone actually cared about me was when Nicole and I became friends and look what happened after that?

I guess I just don't want Luke to leave me like Nicole did because I become attached to people pretty quickly and the fact that I have trust issues, makes me doubt things. It also makes things complicated because I can say that I like that person but I can't say that I trust them because, well, look what happened when I trusted Nicole.

Anyway, I should be sleeping right now but I just can't because of that damn boy named Luke Peterson. I guess I just have to try, right?

- Grace Leigh Parkinson

I close my diary and place it on the table beside me before laying my head down on my pillow, looking at the ceiling.

Do I like Luke or it just an attraction?

Either way, I don't mind what it turns out to be because as long as I have Luke by my side, I'm happy.

●●●