Chapter Thirteen: That Was The Foot Eating Monster, Luke.

Grace's P.O.V

The funeral is in a few days and I can't help but wonder everything. I know I won't be able to keep it togther but hopefully, I can keep my crying and sobbing to a minimum and hopefully take in normal sentences when I go to read my speech.

I have been preparing my speech ever since this morning when my father told me that my mom's funeral is coming up soon. I haven't done a lot but from what I have wrote down, it should be enough.

I start to edit my speech, crossing out any unnecessary words and fixing up mistakes. After five minutes of doing that, I set my book aside and get out of my bed, glancing at the clock.

I let out a sigh as I realise that it is finally twelve in the afternoon and I decide to make my way down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen to see Eve and my father sitting at the table, happily eating their food.

"Oh good morning, Grace!" Eve greets happily and I just send her a wave, looking into the fridge. I grab out my salad that I was suppose to eat last night and grab a fork, ready to walk back up to my room but my father grabs my hand, stopping me.

"Grace, why don't you eat with us like a normal family?" My father asks and I hold back my thoughts that are screaming to be released.

"I'm fine, thanks." I reply, just wanting to go back up to my room but my father's hold on my wrist still stays tight.

"Why?" My father asks and before I could say anything, Eve places a hand on my father's spare hand which is resting on the table.

"Honey, why don't you let her go? She probably just needs a little time to herself." Eve speaks up and my father looks at me once more before letting go of my hand.

"Fine, go. Do whatever you want." My father says, anger clear in his tone but I don't stay to say anything. Instead, I begin to walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs as fast I can, not wanting to be anywhere near the couple.

I sit on my bed, placing my salad in front of me. Before I go to eat some, my phone buzzes and I let out a sigh. Grabbing my phone, I also shove some capsicum in my mouth, unlocking my phone at the same time.

Best Friend: You busy?

Me: No, why?

Best Friend: Okay good. I want to take you somewhere on this beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Me: Okay, I'll just need to get ready. Pick me up in ten?

Best Friend: I'll be waiting.

I smile to myself as I put the lid back on my salad and place it on my table. I walk over to my cupboard and decide to wear a pair of white skinny jeans and a blue and white stripey singlet. I strip out of my pajamas and begin to get into the clothes, trying not fall from excitement and happiness.

Five minutes later, my hair is brushed and tied into a small braid and my piercings are in. As I am about to leave my bedroom though, I decide to take out my lip piercing and just leave my nose one in. I need a change. I smile to myself and walk out of my bedroom, skipping happily down the stairs.

I don't bother to say goodbye to Eve and my father and I just walk out of the door. Since they were too busy talking to each other about something, they didn't notice me slip out but I don't care because at least I am out of that damn house.

"You look amazing like always." Luke says and I roll my eyes.

"I've said this before but it's just jeans and a top." I say as Luke opens the car door. I get in and look up at a smirking Luke.