"Well I hope you feel better, see you tomorrow."

With that, Lucy nodded and entered her bedroom. Her walls were tinted with a warm yellow at the fairylights she'd earlier put up. She made her bed, putting on the fresh bedding Mavis had washed the day before, slipped on her pajamas and got under the covers.

Her first night, her first day at university over. And finally something was different.

-

The next morning Lucy woke up with a groan. Her head banged as a screeching beep chorused through her brain. The poor blonde smacked her hand to her bedside table in attempts of turning off her alarm clock, forgetting that technically she didnt even own an alarm clock... yet - seen as she bought one at least a week into university last time. Her eyes peeled open as she leaned over to the table and pressed the snooze button on her phone - she noted to herself to chance her alarm tone later, dying animal was not the sound she wanted to wake up to in the morning.

Lucy rolled onto her back, staring at the blank, white ceiling as her memories re-flooded into her mind. She hadn't met anyone besides Mira, Levy and Natsu, and she has no idea how the others were going to act around her. Especially since Natsu and Levy were so different... who knows how the others will act. Her eyes flickered to the drawer besides her as she remembered the polaroid she found yesterday. Opening the drawer, she let out a breath when the picture was still there. She definitley wasnt imagining it...

She closed the drawer.

That would have to wait for later, if she didnt move right now she was going to be late for lunch!

Just like last time, Levy had invited her to lunch with some of her friends - but not without a grouchy face and a shove from Mira. Lucy could only assume it would be just like last time, she would meet Erza, Gray and all the others. She couldnt help but feel excited.

Lucy skipped to her wardrobe, picking out an outfit she felt cute in and throwing it on. She slid a pair of kneehigh socks up her long, pale legs before tying the outfit together with a pair of trainers. Quickly, she tied her hair into a messy bun, pulling down a few strands at the side and her look was complete. She smiled as she turned to the mirror - she never realised how much her style had changed since she started uni, but now, with only a wardrobe full of her 'old' clothes, she had to learn to re-embrace it.

With that, lucy left her room and headed to the kitchen.

"O-oh, Morning!" Called the husky voice of a tired teenager, Lucy locked eyes with the boy sat at the kitchen counter munching on a granola bar. She couldnt help but chuckle; he loved granola bars.

"Morning Natsu, sleep well?" She asked, initiating a conversation as she flipped the switch on the kettle, in need for a coffee.

"Yeah I did actually, you?" The girl nodded as she grabbed a mug from a cupboard and the coffee from another. The boy watched her, amused by her immediate knowledge on where everything was. Maybe she had had a look around earlier?

Lucy simply smiled at Natsu's prying eyes, noticing she migh have been finding her way around a little too easily. She eventually made herself a well needed coffee, before sitting across from Natsu at the table.

"So, have you just enrolled here too?" The girl asked, obviously already knowing the answer but a little bonding wouldn't hurt.

"Nah I've just c-changed dorm rooms, I've been here nearly a year already." He smiled, a nervous glint in his eye from the one on one conversation but Lucy ignored it.

"Oh I see, so you have loads of friends here?" She digged, looking him in the eye as she sipped her steaming coffee.

"Well yeah I guess," he replied, taking the last bite of his granola bar and scrunching the wrapper in his palm. "Hey I know, y-you should come have lunch with us today! We're meeting at-" he looked down at his watch and his eyes widened. "Crap! I-I'm already late! Oh man these guys are gonna be so mad at me!"

"I would totally love to come but I'm meeting up with some friends for lunch already..." I spoked as I watched the boy jump from his seat and dust of any remaining granola crumbs from his pants. "Well, I say friends but I've only known them a day..." I continued, watching him as he flitted around for his keys and phone. "You might know them, Mira and Levy?"

The blonde obviously knew the boy knew them, but she couldn't help a smile fall on her face when he froze in his position and looked up at her.

"Oh no way! They're who I'm meeting up with right now, so you're coming too?"

"Yeah! We should probably leave seen as we're already late." I said, smiling as the boys eyes widened again at noticing he nearly forgot he was late again.

"Great, then lets go!"

-♡-

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The story line is slowly coming together so in the next few chapters hopefully you guys will find it a bit more exciting ^3^
Ja ne!

The Flat Friends (ROOM MATES BOOK 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें