Chapter XII: Meeting The Family.

DEREK HALE.

Derek was usually confined to the space of his loft, making plans, saving lives, ruling the world. But you made it obvious that it was time for a more formal meeting with your family. Derek knew your brother Scott and ran several times into your mom Melissa, but the four of you never went out anywhere to bond like a normal family.

"We're gonna be late." You grumbled up the stairs as Derek was taking his time getting dressed. You found him deciding between two shirts, so you just grabbed the one you didn't like and put it back in the closet. He smiled, finished gussying up like a woman, and the two of you were driving off to the restaurant.

Melissa was already waiting there and Derek greeted her with a smile and a nod, the three of you walking in before your reservation was null. You texted Scott because he was late and you were fuming.
"You know Scott, honey."
"He's known for two weeks, he could at least be punctual."
While you waited for him, the conversation was going pleasant and the two adults were getting along perfectly. It was the first time you've seen them both so calm and relaxed, just enjoying their food and company.

Scott ran in and apologise, sitting across from you, Melissa and Derek held in their laughter, while your eyes narrowed in a dangerous glare. "You got something here," you pointed to the left side of your lips and he wiped the lipstick away with a napkin.

SCOTT MCCALL.

Scott's been over a few times and he's only briefly ever seen your mother, because she was a workaholic. She didn't need a husband, she was married to her work. So when she finally took an evening off to meet your famously handsome and caring boyfriend, you invited them both to dinner.

At home, Scott was fidgeting and nervous, Melissa helping him with tips, because he wasn't exactly sure how to do this properly. She gave him flowers for your mother - the more expensive ones, and your favourite flower for you. And fifteen minutes later, he was at your house, ringing the doorbell.

You opened and smiled, both stunned at each others apparel. You kissed his lips and invited him in. "This is for you," he handed you the flower and you gushed at how pretty it looked. Your mother was still cooking her world-famous cuisine and she waved goofily at Scott with a wet spoon. "Oops!"
"Good evening, Mrs. (l/n)."
"Oh, good evening, Scott. Call me (m/n), I'm boycotting the office tonight. So let's be casual."
"These are for you," he handed her the flowers and she gave him a sparkling smile, putting them into a vase and onto the counter. Your mother really loved flowers of any kind. You whispered in Scott's ear, "good job," and moved to the table.

The conversation went smoothly and Scott was focused on your mother and you equally, topics flowed without a hitch. And soon, you three were acting like best friends.

STILES STILINSKI.

You knew this was going to be an awkward family meeting. Your father didn't have an opinion on Stiles and you knew he would sass him out at every opportunity. And Malia didn't feel like going out or eating anything but pizza, so you opted to having dinner with him and his father. Stiles was nervous, he didn't know how to act or what to imagine things would go. You didn't have much interaction with the Sheriff, that was Scott's department.

You rang the doorbell and the door flung open, a sweaty Stiles standing there with a fidgety smile. You hugged him and cupped his cheeks, "relax. Nothing's gonna go wrong. I promise."
"I just want this to be perfect and I don't want you feeling awkward, and oh God, the awkward silence-" You pressed your lips to his, his hands on your hips. You loved it when Stiles babbled, but this wasn't the right time. His babbling was making you nervous as well.

The two of you walked into the kitchen and dining room, his father dressed neatly with a frilly apron on. "Oh God, dad." Stiles chided and you laughed, a shocked and confusing expression on the Sheriff's face.
"Oh, hey, (y/n), you're early."
"No, dad. She's on time. What - what are you doing?"
"The sauce burned, okay? I was trying to fix it."
You went to his side and saw the kind he was making, giving him spices off the shelf. The two of you finished cooking the entire dinner with a very pleasant and comfortable conversation, while Stiles was at the table, trying not to have a coronary and imagining ways of killing his father. Or himself.