Chapter I: First Meeting.

DEREK HALE.

Your brother Scott had lost his inhaler while hiding from Stiles' dad when you were on the hunt for bodies. Scott had to find it before your mother would find out, so you, your brother, and his best friend were in the same area as the night before, searching the ground. A thick and ominous mist hovered over, giving a vibe that made all three of you nervous.

You were scouring the area where you had run off with Scott before he tripped and rolled down the hill. A deep and threatening voice interrupted your search.

"This is private property."

You jumped at the sudden noise, turning around with wide eyes full of fear. The young man, seemingly in his twenties, stood not far from your position, a calm yet serious expression on his face.

"Stick to the path."

You took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "sorry. I was looking for my brother's inhaler. He lost it somewhere here last night."

His gaze mesmerised you, your function to move gone. His green eyes were sad, lonely, and angry, and you wanted to know why. You felt an unnatural pull to the stranger. You hadn't even noticed him moving and stopping right in front of you. He put something small and cool in the palm of your hand, then proceeded to leave. Your gaze fell to the blue inhaler in your hand, then you turned to follow his figure.

"Wait!"

He stopped and turned his body sideways, which made him look incredibly cool.

"Thank you for your help. I'm (y/n)."

"Derek. And be careful in these woods."

You repeated his name under your breath, a wide smile growing on your face.

SCOTT MCCALL.

You were a toddler when your parents decided to leave Beacon Hills and move elsewhere due to your father's work. Now you were moving again, back to your hometown. Even though you once lived here before it felt like new. The house was new, the neighbourhood was new, even the air felt different.

A sudden voice from behind made you jump, your eyes falling on a tanned teenager with windswept dark brown hair, his chocolate-coloured eyes warm. His smile was crooked yet charming.

"I'm Scott, your neighbour. Just moved in?"

"Oh, erm... Yes. It's nice to meet you, Scott. I'm (y/n)."

"Nice to meet you, too."

You awkwardly looked at the ground after shaking his hand, biting your bottom lip. Scott was just as shy as you. The two of you spoke a few more words until his cell phone started ringing and he had to excuse himself. His gaze lingered on yours for a moment longer before he raced back into his house across the street. Your heartbeat rapidly, blood boiling. You hoped to see him again soon.

STILES STILINSKI.

You were Malia's sister and your life was thrown into a centrifuge of the chaos once your long-lost sister returned from the unknown wilderness. Long since you've given up hope of her survival, your reconnecting was hard. It took an emotional toll on both of you. However, you were grateful to your school mates Stiles and Scott for finding her.

So grateful you baked muffins for your crush and his best friend. Malia depended on Stiles more than she did on you or your father, but you understood. He found her, he brought her back from the brink, he was her saviour. Nevertheless, you were still jealous of how close they were becoming.