Chapter 19

I finish braiding the underside of my hair and tie it into a messy bun. I double check my makeup to make sure I'm satisfied with the rose gold smoky eye look I've created and then go to my bedroom. I put on my blush pants, black tank top, and blush blazer. I slip on my gold ring in the shape of a leaf and then exit my bedroom. I tidy up a couple of things and then there is a knock on my door. I open it to see Casey's face smiling back at me. As I put on my jacket and black high heels he says, "So remind me what exactly it is we're going to? Because I didn't quite catch it when you told me over the phone this afternoon."

     I chuckle and say, "My coworkers from the lawyer's office threw together a going away party for me last minute since today was my last day there. They said they were all bringing someone and I should too. So naturally I decided to invite you since you're not one of my brothers and my boyfriend lives hours away in another country."

     Casey chuckles and then I grab my clutch and lock the door on our way out of the house. Once we're in Casey's trucks he says, "Which bar are we going to again?"

     "The Whistler."

     Casey nods and we begin our drive there. When we arrive at the bar Casey opens the door for me and we're soon seated at a table with my former coworkers. Once Casey and I have settled in Josh says, "So Addison, who'd you bring?"

     I smile and say, "This is my good friend Matt Casey. He very graciously agreed to come with me tonight on very short notice."

     Everyone laughs and then a waiter comes and we order our food and drinks. Once the drinks have come and everyone has had some of theirs Melanie says, "So Matt, what do you do for a living?"

     Casey smiles at the mention of his work and says, "I'm a firefighter. It's hard work but extremely rewarding."

     Upon hearing he's a firefighter everyone has a million questions for him but I just smile, knowing tonight will be an amazing night.

----------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long but thanks for 15 100 reads.

So if I made a Chicago Justice fanfic would you guys read it? I want to get a general idea of how many people are interested. I'm struggling with ideas because there is so little personal information so I'm hoping something comes to me soon! -Becca