Chapter 1

I smile at Jimmy as I walk into the café where we'll be having our sibling lunch. Once we've taken a seat I say, "Is Danny coming?"

He shrugs and says, "I did invite him. He's probably just running late."

I nod and then pick up a menu. A waitress soon comes and we both order a coffee. When she comes back Jimmy and I are both about to order when Danny comes bursting through the doors. We both smile at him as he takes a seat. Once all three of us have ordered he says, "I'm sorry that I'm late. We got a call and by the time we got back to the firehouse it was already noon."

I shrug and say, "It's alright. That's just the life of a firefighter."

They both nod and then Jimmy turns to me and says, "How's work going?"

I sigh and say, "It's alright. I'm thinking of looking at other secretary positions."

Danny chuckles and says, "Really? Are you not enjoying the lawyer's office anymore?"

I nod and then Jimmy says, "I think that there might be a secretary job at CFD headquarters opening up soon. I can look into it for you if you'd like."

I smile at him and say, "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would. You are my sister after all."

I smile at him and say, "Thank you. Could you please do that for me?"

He nods and then our food arrives. We all eat in silence and then grab some dessert to go. Jimmy kindly pays for the meal and then the three of us go outside. I give both of my brothers a hug and then say, "I enjoyed this. I'll have to have you both over for supper sometime so that we're not so rushed."

They both nod and then we say our goodbyes. I then head down the street and hop in my car. I start the engine and carefully pull away from the curb. A few short minutes later I quickly pull into my parking spot at work and rush up to the eighth floor. Once I arrive I quickly take a seat at my desk and begin my work for the afternoon.

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for 38 reads after just the prologue! I can't wait for the rest of the book! I hope that you all have a great weekend! -Becca