Chapter 15

I heave a sigh of relief when I see that I've helped all of the people that were lined up. It's only eleven o'clock and I've only been here for three hours but we've been so insanely busy that I'm already ready to go home.

I take a deep breath and then pick up the phone and dial Jimmy's number. It rings for a few seconds and then he says, "Hello?"

"Hey Jim-Jim, it's Addi."

I hear Jimmy laugh and then he says, "You haven't called me that since I was five."

We both laugh and continue to talk. After a few minutes I say, "Hey, how's the CFD stuff coming along? One of my bosses today had mentioned that they called and asked about me."

I can hear Jimmy smile and then he says, "Well, I took your résumé down there last Wednesday and Chief Tyberg said he'd call and let me know how things looked. This morning he stopped by with some paperwork for you and told me that you were the only applicant for the main secretary position, which opens in a week, so your chances are pretty damn perfect."

I get a massive grin on my face and then say, "What?! That's amazing!"

"It really is. I figured that I'd stop by your office later today and give you that paperwork as Chief Tyberg wanted it tonight or first thing tomorrow morning."

"Thank you for helping me with all of this Jimmy. I'm really excited for the possibility of a scene change."

Jimmy agrees and then I hear the firehouse buzzer go off in the background. We quickly say goodbye and then I hang up. I turn my attention to the paperwork I've been trying to get through but soon get interrupted by the phone ringing. I take care of that and then begin to help the next client, knowing that the one hour till my lunch break cannot come soon enough.

----------------------------------

Thanks for 8 560 reads! My Christmas break ends soon so I won't be updating as frequently but I'll do my best to make sure the updates aren't too far apart. -Becca