Chapter 11

I blink slowly and then open my eyes to see Casey sitting where Jimmy was when I fell asleep. He immediately sees that I'm awake and smiles at me. I smile back and then say, "Could you please hand me my water?"

He nods and as I'm taking a few sips he says, "I heard about what happened. How're you feeling?"

I sigh, set down my water, and say, "I've definitely been better but my situation could be a lot worse at the moment. What're you doing here?"

He sits on the end of my bed and then says, "I came and brought your brother a change of clothes and his car. He asked me to stay here just in case you woke up while he was getting changed. I also wanted to make sure you were okay. I was scared for you while Brett was telling us what happened."

I smile at Casey and then reply. "That's really sweet. Thank you."

He nods and then rests his hand on my shin. His thumb begins to rub soft circles on my skin and I can't help but smile at the warmth of his touch. We're in the middle of enjoying our tender moment together when we hear the door to my room open. Casey immediately pulls his hand back to rest in his own lap and then the curtain around my bed gets pulled back. I smile at Jimmy and then he says, "Addi, I'm glad you're awake. Dr. Halstead stopped me on my way back and said he'd be here soon to check on you. He also said that he wants you to take a week off of work and rest up, and that for the rest of the day and tomorrow he wants someone with you at all times. I'll find someone to look after you tomorrow since I already promised to take someone else's shift at another house."

I'm about to interject and tell Jimmy that I don't need a babysitter when Casey jumps in and says, "I can go to her place and look after her while you're on shift. I don't work tomorrow."

Jimmy smiles and says, "Perfect. Thanks lieutenant."

Casey nods and then glances at the clock and says, "I need to run. Feel better and I'll see you tomorrow Addison."

I smile and thank Casey. He exits and then Jimmy and I talk while we wait for Dr. Halstead.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 3 520 reads!

So Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! I hope the weather is better where you're at as it's currently snowing at my house.

Since it is my Thanksgiving I wanted to let you all know how thankful I am to have such amazing readers like all of you. You're all the reason I continue to write every day and I appreciate all of your support to no end. Thank you all for everything you've done for me and really for reading and enjoying my stories. It means a lot to me. -Becca