Chapter 10

---Addison's POV---

I blink a couple of times and slowly open my eyes. My throat burns and I feel extremely weak. I have a breathing tube in my nose and an IV in my left hand so I have to be in a hospital. I look around the room, and sure enough, my guess is correct. I look around my room some more and soon spot Jimmy sitting in a chair in the corner. I give him a small wave so he moves into the chair beside my bed. He grabs ahold of my hand and then I say, "Can you turn on some lights?"

He shakes his head and says, "Sorry Addi no can do. Dr. Halstead wants the lights to stay off so that you don't feel lightheaded. Would you like some water instead?"

I nod so he holds the Styrofoam cup up to my lips. I take a couple sips and then say, "What are you doing here?"

He sets the cup down and replies, "Brett and I got a call of a person in distress. I've never been to your office before so when we arrived on scene I had no idea that it was your building let alone your floor. When we arrived upstairs and I saw you passed out on the floor I freaked out but as soon as I saw the smoothie on your desk I knew that you had to be having a reaction to banana. We brought you here and Chief told me to stay with you."

I nod and then there's a knock on the door. Jimmy tells whoever it is to come in and soon a doctor appears. He smiles at me and softly says, "Hi Addison, I'm Dr. Halstead. How are you feeling?"

I sigh and say, "Weak."

He nods and says, "I figured that much. We had to flush your stomach about an hour ago to get the banana out of your system. I highly doubt that there's anything left in your stomach, let alone banana, but just to be safe I'm going to keep you here for another five hours so we can monitor you closely for any signs of a continued reaction. In a couple hours if you haven't had any nausea or any other symptoms related to anaphylactic shock, we'll find you something easy to eat like applesauce. Does that sound alright?"

I nod so he continues, "Perfect. Before I go I'd just like to check your vitals. Is that okay?"

I nod so Jimmy helps me sit up in bed. Dr. Halstead listens around with his stethoscope and then says, "Everything sounds perfect. You won't be needing this anymore."

He effortlessly removes my breathing tube and gets rid of it. He washes his hands and then says, "I'll be back in a couple hours to check on you. If you need anything just press the nurse button. Try and get some more sleep too, okay?"

I nod and then he leaves. I have some more water and then Jimmy says, "I called Mom and Dad and told them what happened. Mom wanted to come and see you put before they took you to get your stomach flush Dr. Halstead told me that visitors could add stress to you so I'm the only one allowed to be here. When she heard that she said she'd go down to the church and say a prayer for you instead."

I chuckle softly and say, "I'd give her a heart attack if I told her that I haven't been to church since I moved out."

Jimmy laughs and says, "Danny and I haven't either, don't worry. We all told her that we'd go to churches closer to our house just so that she wouldn't lecture us about how the lord has been good to us so we have to honour him back."

I have a good laugh at that one and then Jimmy says, "Danny, Stacey, and the kids all send their love too and tell you to rest up."

I smile at that and then Jimmy tells me that I should get some sleep. I agree with him so he puts the bed down and then grabs another blanket and throws it over top of me. In no time at all I find myself slipping into a deep sleep.

------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for being patient and for 2 880 reads!

I got my laptop all figured out so I hopefully shouldn't have any more troubles getting onto it but just in case I've put all of my stories on a USB key so I have access to them whenever I want to update. -Becca