Chapter 7

Casey and I gather our garbage as the credits begin to play for the movie and we exit the theatre. We quickly make our way out to Casey's truck and begin the drive back to my place. On our way there I say, "Something like that would be living hell for any lawyer. There would be the whole battle of 'Did they do the right thing?' and 'Was the little girl's death justified?' If that situation ever happens in real life, I feel sorry for the lawyer's involved."

Casey nods and says, "I can totally understand and appreciate that but as a firefighter I can tell you that those split second are all part of the job, not matter how hard they are to make. Sometimes it costs a life, sometimes it saves a life but that's all part of the game we play."

I nod in agreement and then we pull up to my place. I hop out of the truck but before I close the door I say, "Thanks for taking care of my window and for going to the movie with me. I had an amazing time."

Casey smiles and says, "It was my pleasure. Thanks for the amazing dinner. I don't remember the last time I had food that good."

I blush and say, "That was nothing. Regardless, thanks again and have a good night."

Casey tells me to have a good one as well and then I close the truck door. I head inside my house and flick on the lights. I quickly remove my coat and shoes and then tidy up the kitchen a bit. Once that's done I let Sage outside before bed and throw a load of laundry into the washer. I then let her back inside and go to my bedroom.

I let my hair down and remove my makeup. I quickly brush my teeth and then go to my closet. I remove my outfit from this evening and put on an old pair of pajamas. I then go to my room, take off my glasses, climb into bed, and shut off the light. As I fall asleep my last thoughts are of Casey and just how sweet he is.

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 1 180 reads! I always love when I break 1 000 reads on any of my stories. I'll put the trailer for the movie at the top of the chapter since I forgot to on the last one. And sorry for the bum chapter, I really just wanted to establish a bit more of something between Casey and Addison. Hopefully the next chapter will be better! -Becca