16

'Pj, can I have a hug?' I sniffled as I got out of the car.

'Not just yet, kiwi. Just hold on.'

'Why?' I pouted, sighing. 

'Let's just get inside yeah?'

I nodded glumly. Why wouldn't he give me a hug? Had I done something wrong? Oh no, what had I done? I heard Pj opening the door, and as he did so, glanced over at me several times.

'Right, mon chéri, I need you to take a deep breath. Don't panic about this, okai? They're here to help,' Pj said softly into my ear.

'U-um, who?'

'Just come inside.'

We stepped inside, duping my handbag on the coat rack. I heard a whisper from the lounge.

Just who was in our house? I closed my eyes and composed myself, slowly turning the door handle, pushing it open.

I froze.

And then burst into tears.

Stood in the middle of lounge were Dan, Phil (he'd left in a different car), Chris and, catching me off guard, Connie (noodlerella) and F/n (your best friend's name), all holding up a banner that said 'WE LOVE YOU Y/N'.

'I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS,' I bawled, sinking to the floor in happy tears. They dropped the banner and ran over, wrapping their arms around me in a huge group hug. 

'WHO PLANNED THIS,' I squealed. Everyone untangled themselves and looked up at Pj.

'Pj? Y-you planned this?'

He nodded shyly.

'Curly Fries, you're a fricking angel,' I stood up and flung my arms around him, 'I haven't seen Connie and F/n since... since I moved here,' I sobbed into his shirt. He pressed a kiss to the top of my head, and the group hug reformed around us. 

----

It had been a few hours since I'd come home from the funeral, and I was happy. Not because my Dad had died, obviously. Every time that came back into my focus, a pang of despair would ripple through me. But all my friends, the people I loved most, were here with me. 

F/n stood up. 'Guys! I want Starbucks! Who's with me?' They aaid, smiling at me. I nodded and grinned back. We all stood up and walked out into the hall, slipping on our shoes and grabbing some money.

----

We walked through the streets, Pj and I navigating our way through Brighton, leading everyone else as we were the only ones who knew the way.

We turned another corner and Starbucks came into view. We slipped in and the warmth of the coffee shop engulfed us. We let out a synchronized 'ahhh' as we left the cold streets behind us. We went up to the till, Pj getting a Hibiscus Tea, me getting a (favourite Starbucks drink) and everyone else got other various drinks.

We sat at a large table in the corner, chatting absent-mindedly about anything and everything. Every so often, my thoughts would drift back to Dad, but soon enough they'd be back on whatever weird topic we were discussing.

--Time skip to two hours later by Fuzzwald--

'Um, excuse me?' We looked up to see the cashier tapping her foot impatiently and looking at her watch, 'We're closing now, sorry!'

'Oh! Whoops, I guess we lost track of time!' I said, laughing awkwardly as we got up and gathered our things, tossing our empty cups in the bin. 

'It's okai!' she smiled, waving goodbye as we left the shop, 'Come back soon!'

'We will!' I called back as we walked away, watching her flip the open sign to closed.

----

Back in the house, we flopped down on the sofa.

'Oh! Y/n! We forgot to tell you something!' Connie piped up, brushing her pink hair out of her eyes.

'Hmm?'

'F/n and I got a house a couple of streets away from here!'

'Oh my God!' I squealed, clapping my hands together excitedly.

You see, in secondary school (middle school and beginning of high school for Americans), Connie, F/n, Phil and I had all been best friends. When we went to College, we were split up, as we all went to different ones. But we still kept in touch. Then came university, and Phil and I coincidentally went to the same one, and Connie and F/n went to a different one together too. We still met up a lot though, as we missed each other loads, even though it was difficult to arrange. So Dan and Phil lived in London, and Connie, F/n, Chris, Pj and I lived in Brighton. I kind of felt bad, Dan and Phil were so far away! Well, I wasn't permanently living here, there were only a few more days before I should go back to my flat in London. But did I want to? No, I loved living with Pj. Sure, I like my quirky little flat too, but I loved this house too.... ack! This was so difficult. I'd figure it out when it comes up.

A/n So heyy! Sorry it's been a while... But I've updated it now, so oh well! But I hope you liked this chapter! Tell me what you think, and I'll see you another time. Ciao! ~ Author-chan