11

I'm so so so sorry I didn't update on schedule, I was actually in Austria Sunday-Tuesday night, so I couldn't update 'til today. But quit the waffle, and on with the story! ~ Author-chan

Previously...

I walked back into the lounge, hearing the shower running. I sat down, and saw a cup of green tea, still warm, with a note next to it that said,

I hope you like tea, y/n! <3 This is yours, btw x

Sweet. I smiled, taking a sip and slipping the note into my pocket.

----

Still smiling, I took another sip, and I heard the lounge door open.

'Thanks for the tea, Curly Fries,' I said.

'No problem Kiwi,' I swiveled around when he said this, and my breath hitched.

Pj was stood there, shirtless, only with joggers on. I blushed, turning almost beetroot-red. 

'Y-yeah..' I managed to squeak.

Peej tilted his head, wondering why I was acting so strange, until realisation spread across his face. He blushed too, giggling awkwardly, before mumbling, 'I-I'll go put a shirt on..'

----

We were sat eating dinner, pretty simple chicken and rice, when my phone dinged.

I looked over at the coffee table it was on, and said, 'I'll get it after dinner.'

Pj nodded and continued to eat.

Once we had finished, Pj nodded his head in the direction of my phone and said, 'Go check it, I'll clean up.'

I smiled and hugged him, mumbling a 'thanks' into his chest. I stood and picked up my phone, unlocking it.

What I read on the screen changed my life.

What was on that screen shattered my heart into thousands of tiny pieces.

What was on that screen was:

Mum:

Honey, I want you to know that I love you so much, and I will always be here for you. But I am really sad to say, that Dad has passed away. They had to pull the plug, honey. I know what happened with you and James, and you had other things on your mind, so I don't hold you responsible for not visiting. And, love, I'm really sorry I didn't visit you, but I had to see Dad. I love you. xx

I stood, frozen, as my phone slipped out of my hand, hitting the coffee table and cracking the screen. My mind was simultaneously empty and flooded with thoughts like I didn't even go and see him and I'm such a terrible daughter.

Having heard my phone drop, Pj rushed back into the room. He looked into my eyes, but I was staring at where my phone had been in my hands. 

I didn't feel the tears as they ran down my face. I felt nothing but the pang of mourning and regret that continuously hit my heart. Pj wordlessly wrapped one arm around me, picking up my phone with the other.

It was still unlocked, and he scanned his eyes over the text. His eyes widened and filled with tears, looking back at me and hugging me tight.

I was finally able to move again, but before I could hug him back, my legs gave way and Pj had to support me. I sobbed, shivers running down my spine. I felt like part of my heart ripped its way out of my chest when I read that text, and now I was feeling it's loss.

Unlike a lot of my friends, my parents and I had always been very close, and loved each other tons. So losing Dad was like being stabbed, hard, right in my heart. Grief tore at my soul, making every muscle and tendon ache as it coursed through my veins.

'Come on, Kiwi, come sit down,' Pj soothed, gently sitting me down on the sofa. I sobbed into his chest as he held me close. He leant down and kissed my forehead. Pleasant warmth spread from the place his lips touched my head, so I stretched up and connected our lips for a brief kiss. It soothed my pain, though only a tiny amount. He smiled sadly, knowing I needed my friends as well right now.

'Do you want me to get the guys?'

I nodded against him, wiping my eyes to no avail, as only more tears streamed down my face.

He slid his phone out of his pocket with the hand that wasn't holding me, and texted the whatsapp group of me and the guys.

----

In about five minutes, I heard the front door open, and my sobs subsided for almost 5 seconds, before another wave of tears set in.

Dan, Phil and Chris rushed in, all asking - in various ways - what was up. Pj silently picked up my phone and gave it to me to unlock. I put in my password with shaky fingers and handed it back to him, and he put it on the coffee table, facing the guys. They all slumped onto their knees to read it, before sadness and sympathy overtook their expressions.

'Seesee..' Phil's lip trembled.

'Aww, y/n/n,' Chris said, wiping a tear off his cheek. Dan stayed silent, but his eyes showed that he just didn't know what to say. His brown irises were clouded with pity.

They all wrapped their arms around me, tears on their cheeks.

----

I cried and cried, until only dry sobs wracked my body. I slipped out of their grasp, still shaking and asked, in a timid, scratchy voice, 'C-could we get take-out pizza?' Pj smiled sympathetically and nodded. He got out his phone, dialing a number and slipping into the kitchen to call them.

About fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang and Dan walked over to get it.

'A Hawaiian, a pepperoni and a(n) (favourite pizza),' he said as he walked back in with three pizza-boxes stacked in his arms, which he unloaded onto the coffee table. I took one of the plates Chris had put out and took a couple of slices of (favourite pizza).

Pj sat down beside me, and we all began to eat.

A/n So yeah! I'm sorry, that was really sad. :( But I quite like this chapter, idk, do you guys like it? I know you're there, silent readers! OPINIONS CHILDREN :3 <3 Okai, bye for nowwwww ~ Author-chan x