Its you, it has always been you

Chapter 12 -

James pov. (Random character/cloves boyfriend)

I was pulled into the kitchen, because clove was talking to her ex-boyfriend, Cato. He was good looking for a boy, I'm not gay, of course. I was worried if lose clove, I mean we haven't known each other long but when I'm with her sparks fly. I think I'm in love with her. How can Cato just come here and try take her away, the sad thing is I think she loves him too. I was her way of trying to get over him.

"I can't hear them" katniss says pressing her ear to the door.

"Me either" Annie says doing the same.

"Are you alright James?" Peeta asks, he can probably tell I'm worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine, do you think she will leave me?" I ask

"I honestly have no clue James, I'm sorry" katniss tells me, I think she believes she's going to choose him.

"It's okay"

Cloves pov.

I was shocked when Cato said he loved me, that he needs me, I think I love him too. What will I tell James.

"Clove..." He started but I interrupted.

"Cato you cheated on me, I don't know how I can trust you"

"Clove I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you, I should have, I didn't know what I was doing, I lost the best thing that had ever happened to me"

"I'm the best thing that has ever happened to you?" I asked him.

Was he serious, aw, he's so cute. I love him. Wait what?

"Of course Clove! I love you"

"Cato, I love you too, but I don't know if we can go back to how we were" I told him, because I don't want to hurt James.

"Clove I need you, just tell me, is it me or James?"

"Cato it's you it's always been you, but I can't go out with you straight away, I need to dump James first, then we will see"

"Thankyou clove" he says hugging me tightly.

"I think you should go, I will speak to James" he nods and walks out.

I walk into the kitchen to see katniss with her ear to the door, and Annie too, James looking worried. I felt bad dumping James, even though he was never close wig any of my friends, he was always quiet and awkward around them, I knew they didn't like him either.

"James can I talk to you" I ask, nervous.

James pov.

"James can I talk to you" Clove says looking nervous.

I know what was going to happen. She's going to dump me.

"I know what your going to say" I tell her.

"I'm sorry James, I thought I loved you, I really did." She tells me.

"It's fine clove, just can we be friends?"

"Of course James" I say before hugging him.

Cloves goes back in the kitchen to get the others, while I sit there processing what just happened. I just want her to be happy even if it means I'm not. Everyone comes back in the living room, they all sit down and out on a movie, acting as if nothing happened which is what I wanted. I don't really like any of them, I'm more shy, and quiet and none of them are.

"I should be going" I lie.