Zero

She was running late and she didn't really care.

She lazily threw in an extra shirt, a book, and some more of her stuff inside her bag.

"Dude, your great grandparents would be rolling in their graves right now if they find out how late you're going to be," Louie Isabel, her best friend since they were kids, suddenly spoke from the doorway to her room.

She only rolled her eyes and did not even try to hasten her movements. Wala siyang pakialam. Ganoon lang iyon.

"Seriously, no matter how kind your great grandmother supposed to be was, she might just be cursing at you right now," Lou continued. "You were even named after her, the Phenom, Alyssa Valdez, and you're like the complete opposite of the image she built."

She ignored the other woman still.

"Okay, if not Lola Ly, how about Lola Den? Aren't you going to feel guilty that you're also her descendant and you're late on the first day of UAAP?"

Okay. That made her feel guilty. Damn.

She loves her Lola Den so much that despite not wanting to play volleyball, she still did. Because her Lola Den loved it so much.

She sighed.

"You know what, Lou? Hindi lang naman ako ang male-late, eh. Ikaw rin. Now think of what Lola Jho and Lola Bey probably would have felt?" she retorted.

Lou only laughed. 

"They're probably cool about it," Lou replied. "And stop trying to redirect this to me. Why don't you just hurry up? I heard there's another weirdo like you this season and she's very pretty."

"What do you mean weirdo?"

"There's only one reason why I call you weirdo."

True that. Which was why she was asking. Imposible namang 'yung pagka-weirdo niya ang sinasabi ni Lou.

Lou has been calling her weirdo for as long as she could remember.

Why? Because of her name, her face, and basically everything about her that was related to her Lola Ly.

She was born on the death anniversary of her Lola Ly. Her parents had named her Alyssa because even as a newborn, they already knew she was going to look like her Lola Ly. She had the dimples under the eyes, the cleft chin, and pretty much the only difference they ended up having was that she was a bit fairer. Oh, and the name. Her great grandmother was Alyssa C. (Caymo) Valdez, she was Alyssa L. (Lazaro) Valdez.

It also didn't help that she was pretty great in volleyball too. She could rival her Lola Ly during her UAAP days.

Yes, she was weird. Kaya nga siya ay isang 'weirdo'.

"That's impossible," she said once she noticed Lou looking at her.

To be honest, Lou shouldn't be talking much. Lou pretty much looked like Lola Bey because the De Leon blood was strong in her.

"Well, it's not. Ang creepy nga, eh," Lou said. "Just like you, this girl supposedly looks like her great grandmother too, and was even named after her. And her great grandmother was supposedly Lola Ly's rival in UAAP."

She stiffened at that.

No. Hindi pwede. Lou was probably referring to someone else.

She glared towards the journal she knew was carelessly sitting inside her cabinet. 

"That's impossible," she said again. "Why haven't I heard of this person then?"

"Because you don't care?"