#17

But I was wrong.

The game was definitely not on. There was no game. Not as I looked at the thing that was making Mika's eyes sparkle.

Mika brought me to this Magic Island which was a 30-minute boat ride from the resort we were staying at. The place was breath-taking. The water was absolutely clear and blue and the nature around us was beautiful.

I admired it, of course. I thought Mika actually had a knack for places but when I followed Mika's gaze, I got scared.

"No," I whispered.

"Yes."

"No." I begged.

"Yes."

"NO!" I protested. "I will not do that!"

Mika turned to me with a smile that said, "Yes, you will. I said so."

I gulped.

Mika pulled me to the locker area so we could leave our things.

"We don't have to," I said hastily. "I can look after our things."

She only rolled her eyes.

"How about I take pictures of you instead? Instagram-worthy, I promise!"

But she grabbed my hand and pulled me to climb.

"No, Babe. Seriously. You can't make me!" I tried to pull my hand away but she only gripped it tighter.

She stopped and I thought she would spare me but she only looked around. I did too. No one was around. I was dying inside.

But she kissed me.

"A kiss before a near-death experience."

"Babe, naman, eh!" I pulled harder but she pulled me to her and hugged me.

"Joke lang kasi! Relax ka lang! Exciting 'to!" she beamed, her eyes were shining.

In my eyes, she was insane.

"I've almost forgotten that you're crazy! But you are! Let me go!" I was trying really hard to get away from her.

She glared at me. I didn't care. She can glare all she wanted but I was not gonna kill myself.

"Babe, ikaw na lang," I whined. "Papatayin ako ni Coach Francis kapag namatay ako diyan!" I said frantically.

She laughed. "Sira! Hindi ka mamamatay diyan! It's gonna be fun!" she shouted as we neared the edge.

My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Watching a movie? That's fun!" I yelled. "Eating food? Fun! Playing volleyball? Fun! Travelling? Fun! Kissing you? That's fun!"

She smiled. I frowned even more.

"Jumping off a cliff that's 30 feet high?! DEFINITELY NOT FUN! IT'S CRAZY! THIS IS CRAZY!"

I managed to get out of her grasp and step back. She was already standing at the diving platform.

"Babe!" she called.

Then she smiled sweetly and enchantingly at me. She held out her hand.

"Alyssa," she said softly as if my name was a treasure. "Go crazy with me."

I was hypnotized. I stepped forward and took her hand. And in my head, I've told her multiple times:

I'm going crazy for you.