#27

04/14/2017

Family.

The moment I opened my eyes, I immediately checked Mika's temperature. Thank God, she didn't have a fever anymore. She still looked pale though.

I tried to stand up so I can start cooking food and she could drink medicine but her hands snaked around me.

"Saan ka punta?" she said sleepily as she pushed her face at the crook of my neck even more.

Clingy. I loved it.

"Luto lang ako, Babe. Kain ka muna tapos inom ng gamot," I said softly.

"Sama ako."

She yawned before sitting up to stretch.

"Ha?" I asked, totally confused. I was just going to the kitchen.

She only smiled at me and she was the one who stood up first and pulled me up. She stumbled though but I caught her in time.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked worriedly.

She smiled again.

"Sure. Nanghihina lang ng unti but I'm fine."

"Pahinga ka muna, Babe," I insisted.

But she was stubborn. She shook her head and pulled me again. To the bathroom. We brushed our teeth side by side.

After that, she gave me an earth-shattering kiss. Mind blown. Heart pierced with cupid's arrow.

"Good morning. I love you," she said.

And I swear to God, my heart wanted to burst. I felt like I was the luckiest.

"I love you, too."

I kissed her softly again.

As much as I wanted to keep kissing her, I had to cook first for her health's sake.

While I was cooking, I finally understood what she meant by 'sama ako'.

She was hugging me from behind with her chin on my shoulder all the time. She would even make me turn at times so she could give me a peck on the lips. I, of course, took advantage and turned to her quite a lot. Best cooking experience ever!

We shared a lot of kisses all throughout our breakfast and preparation to go to Bulacan. We agreed that I would only drop her off because honestly, I was scared of her family. She laughed.

Once inside the car, I had to make sure she was truly feeling alright.

"Babe, daan muna kaya tayong clinic?" I asked. "Grabe kasi pag-ayaw mo sa hospital kahapon, eh. I didn't know you were that scared of doctors and needles," I teased.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not scared. Ayoko lang sa hospital. At alam ko na rin naman ang sasabihin nila, eh."

"Ano?" I asked seriously.

It was a hunch but I felt like what she said was loaded with a lot more information than she wanted to let on.

She looked away briefly.

"Na kailangan kong ma-confine and get treatment."

That made my heart beat madly.

"But look at me now, okay na ako. Alam mo naman mga doctor, kapag may sakit, confined agad," she added with a small smile.

Was that really it? Why was I feeling uncomfortable?