#25

04/05/2017

They are onto us.

The whole team was surprised when Coach Francis told us by the end of practice that we're free for the next two days. He said we should use that our as vacation time because comes Holy Week, aside from practice, he suggested we take that time to recuperate and achieve some kind of peace of mind through meditation.

After we were dismissed, a getaway trip was already being planned by some members of the team. Kim and Ara invited me explicitly.

"Aly, sama ka bukas, ah!" Kim said even though there was no concrete plan yet.

"Oo nga, Aly. Yayain mo na lang rin ibang mga ALE kung gusto mo," Ara added.

I smiled apologetically at them.

"Sorry, guys. Di ako pwede, eh," I said.

"Ha? Bakit naman?" Ara asked.

"May plans na kasi ako. Sorry talaga!"

"Kakasabi lang ni Coach na free bukas at sa isang araw, may plans ka na agad?! May date ka?!" Kim asked suddenly.

I was stunned. Kim was on point.

Mika and I have been planning a trip together to Cebu. Well, Mika once again took care of the details where she wanted to go. We were just waiting for me to have a few days off then we said we'd book a flight as soon as possible. This was our chance.

"Ano na?" Kim prodded.

Before I could answer, someone spoke first.

"Anong ano na?" Mika spoke from behind me.

I smiled when I turned to her and she smiled back. I have almost forgotten that Mika had dinner plans with Kim and Ara and she invited me too.

"Ito kasing si Aly, eh. Niyayaya namin gumala bukas, di daw siya pwede kasi may date siya."

I flinched when Mika pinched me at the back before passing me by to stand beside Kim and Ara. She glared at me. I rolled my eyes. We didn't plan any kind of date tomorrow so she must have thought I was going out with someone else.

"Minsan na nga lang kami magkadalawang araw na off, eh. Ikaw, Daks, sasama ka naman diba?" Ara asked Mika.

I saw realization dawned on Mika's face and I smirked.

"A-ah, hindi rin ako pwede, Daks, eh. Sorry," Mika said.

"Bakit?!" Both Kim and Ara reacted.

"May date ako?"

"Ayun! Umamin rin! Sabi na nga ba may bago ka na, eh!" Kim exclaimed.

"Sino ba 'yan, Daks? Isama mo na lang. Para naman makilatis rin namin," Ara said.

I raised my brows. Seriously, I never knew Ara was that protective of Mika.

Mika smiled awkwardly.

"Di kami pwede sumama bukas, Daks. Planado na kasi ang lakad namin."

"Sino ba 'yan?" Kim asked again.

"Sabihin ko pagbalik namin?" Mika said unsurely while glancing at me.

I was surprised at that. Was she somehow asking me if it's alright to tell other people about us? Well, if she was, I'd make sure to tell her that the answer was yes. I would love it if her friends knew because that would be concretizing a bit more that there was an us.