Chapter Fourteen

Arthit

Arthit forgot where he was.  His eyes were transfixed on the figure walking on to the stage.  He was right. 

It was Knott.

His palms started to sweat.  His heart was in his mouth.  He could feel sweat forming on his forehead despite the air conditioning.

Knott's hair was neatly combed backward.  The suit he wore complemented his broad form.  He wasn't the Knott he remembered from their days at the university.  His smile was polite but confident.

  His smile was polite but confident

Arthit was swelling in pride.  That was his best friend being recognized by many company heads.

Arthit didn't remove his gaze away from Knott.  His eyes followed Knott to where he was seated.  The others at his table were extending their arms, congratulating him.  He couldn't see Knott after he took his seat.  He waited until the ceremony was over and headed towards Knott's table and tapped on his shoulder.

Knott turned to look at him with a smile.

"Long time no see," Arthit said humorlessly.  He could feel his face turn red with mixed emotions.

Knott's smiled faded, "Arthit..." 

"Oh, you know who I am."

Arthit heard a little voice: "Paaaa."

Arthit moved closer to Knott and peered over his shoulder.  There was a little girl on his lap.

"You have a child?"

Knott stood up carrying the girl, looking at the child fondly.

"This is..."

"Arthit?" a female voice behind him interrupted Knott.

"Fang? It's been such a long time!  How are you?"

[In case you forgot, Fang is Arthit's friend from the medical team.]

"I'm doing great Arthit

"I'm doing great Arthit.  I see you already met my husband and daughter," Fang said smiling.

"Your husband?  You are married to Knott?"