Chapter Five

Knott

Arthit was not himself.  He was too interested in the freshy games, and then he went as far as to bribe everyone with drinks to get them to watch the end concert.  Knott kept a close watch on Arthit during the show.  Arthit was captivated by Kongpob's song.  Knott felt his heart sink, was Arthit interested in Kongpob? It can't be true?  Arthit is straight he told him himself.  He is just seeing things.

Arthit slipped away from the auditorium even before the results were announced.  Knott knew where he might have gone to.  It was obvious Kongpob was going to win, and Arthit had a promise to keep.  Knott wondered what Kongpob had asked of Arthit.  He hoped it wasn't anything that would embarrass Arthit.  Kongpob was weird as it was.  Knott would keep an eye on Kongpob anyway.

********************

Knott was fuming, Arthit was stubborn at the worst of times.  They had a plan with P' Dear, but instead of sticking to the plan Arthit had decided to be overdramatic.  What if he ends up really hurt?  He already looked like he was about to pass out any minute.  The rest of their group were cheering him on.  "Are these people really their friends?" he thought bitterly.

Just when he thought the situation couldn't get any worse the spawn of Satan had decided to drop by and taunt Arthit.  What was this kid's problem?  The reason they had come up with this plan to control the freshmen had been because of him in the first place.

Arthit looked troubled and irritated.  Knott couldn't continue watching.  Kongpob was just as stubborn as Arthit.  When Knott got closer, he heard Kongpob pleading with Arthit to stop.  So the kid did have a heart in there somewhere.  Knott knew no amount of pleading was going to make Arthit change his mind.  Knott had tried that already, chasing Kongpob away, letting Arthit continue with his stupidity.

Arthit is not a person who should be challenged, he takes it personally.  He had Wai'ed a tree because P' Tum asked him to.  Arthit took up a post he didn't want because he was asked to.  Now he was running 54 laps because P' Dear had publicly demanded him to.  True to his word Arthit did manage to finish it.  Knott rushed to his side to hold him, Prem had also joined in.

Kongpob's concerns were getting out of hand.  By the crowd that had gathered it was clear Arthit had managed to achieve what he had intended: the respect of the freshmen.  But Kongpob was behaving like he had known Arthit since birth.  Knott was fighting the urge to hurt the annoying boy in front of them.  Knott was glad Arthit had gotten rid of Kongpob before he lost his patience.

********************

Arthit

Arthit opened his eyes to an empty room.  He was hurting everywhere.  Arthit had a cold, and his ankle was killing him.  He tried to move without any success.  Knott seemed to have gone to class.  Arthit looked around for his phone and found it right next to his pillow.  There was a message from Knott

K:  I had to go submit our assignments, and I have a mandatory class today. There is breakfast, but I don't think you can move so I will send Prem. Text me when you wake up.

Arthit answered Knott.  He wished it was Knott instead of Prem who was coming to take care of him.  Arthit liked all of his friends, but Prem didn't know what he liked, as Knott did and Prem wasn't as fun as Knott.  But Arthit knew the professor for the class Knott had to go was strict, and without a valid excuse, no one really could miss it.  Prem was more interested in reading his manga and finishing his snacks instead of keeping him company.

  ********************  

Arthit sent Prem to get lunch for him, but the traitor had sent back the bane of his existence instead.  Why did it have to be Kongpob of all people?