Chapter Nine

Knott

They were at P'Tum's wedding.  Arthit was still not himself.  Knott had kept an eye on Arthit and the people he hung out with to get an idea about the person he was talking about.  But Knott was unsuccessful. 

Once Arthit had returned to the room, without the food he was supposed to buy.  Returning with only his drink and tearful eyes.  Knott wasn't the only one who noticed how miserable Arthit looked.  No matter what they tried, Arthit had his lips sealed.

Today, however, Arthit was acting antsier.  He hardly took part in any conversation.  He was looking at Kongpob most of the time.  Was the problem with them still ongoing?

A wave of realization hit Knott.

"There is a person who likes me." 

"A junior ..."

Knott hadn't seen Arthit get close to any girl because it wasn't a girl.  It was Kongpob.  It all made sense now.

Knott felt an invisible hand choking him.  Kongpob liked Arthit and Arthit definitely didn't want to reject the freshman.  His entire body felt cold. 

Why did it have to be a man?

Arthit had walked over to them hurriedly looking for someone.

"Have you seen the freshmen?"

"What freshmen?" Prem asked Arthit.

"N' Kongpob," Knott replied absentmindedly.

"Yes, did you see where he went?"

Knott pointed towards the gate out of reflex.  Arthit was about to run towards the gate when Knott grabbed Arthit's elbow.

"Arthit... don't go..." Knott said in a pleading voice.

Arthit stared at him questioningly before gently removing Knott's hand away from his elbow.

"I have to go Knott.  Go back without me."

Just like that Arthit let go of Knott.

********************

Arthit

Kongpob was avoiding him just like he had wanted.  So, why did it sting when he had referred to him as a stranger?

Arthit remembered Knott's words...

".......think about a life without them.  How would you feel?  That's when you know if you like them or not."

Arthit definitely didn't want Kongpob to be a stranger.  Did that mean he liked Kongpob?

********************

Arthit grabbed Kongpob by his tie and kissed him.  His stomach felt weird, his heartbeat raised.  It felt right.  The excitement, the curiosity, the light-headedness... those feelings were foreign and new to him.  But he finally accepted it, and he was ready to find out more.

********************

Arthit hadn't told his friends about Kongpob yet.  

Once or twice he almost told Knott about it.  He didn't like keeping a big secret like this from Knott.  But he always backed out in the last minute.  Arthit had never been in a relationship before, and it was overwhelming.  

All Arthit thought about was Kongpob.  How Kongpob flirted with him without the others noticing.  Kongpob made him feel special.  Was this how it felt like to be in a relationship?