Chapter Eight

Arthit

Arthit heard Kongpob, every single word he whispered. 

His heart was beating fast.  He didn't move.  Arthit didn't know how to react.  Kongpob thought he was asleep.  But, he wasn't, because he was nervous.  He was on Kongpob's bed of all places.  

Arthit had no idea Kongpob knew where he lived all this time.  Did Kongpob watch him be himself in the room?  Kongpob had feelings for him?  Plain boring him?  Did he feel the same towards Kongpob?  He didn't know that for sure.  Arthit thought he still liked Namtarn.  What was he going to do now?

Arthit told himself to act normal.  But, he had done everything except, be normal.  Arthit knew he was unreasonable.  But he needed time to think and Kongpob wouldn't let him be.  Arthit ignored all messages and calls from everyone.  He spent the day cleaning his flooded room.  He welcomed the distraction.

He avoided Kongpob like it was his full-time job.  Arthit saw Kongpob heading towards them, and he abandoned his friends to avoid him.  When he saw the coast was clear, he took a seat next to Knott who seemed to catch up on his unusual behavior.  What were his feelings for Kongpob?  Arthit's mind wondered reading the questioner given to them by the art students.

Arthit had answered Namtarn's call.  Since when had he been comfortable receiving her calls?  Why didn't his heart react the way it usually did when he saw her name on his screen?  He even agreed to meet her without thinking twice.

Arthit preferred women, and no, he didn't like Kongpob. Did he?

********************

Kongpob was forcing him to talk, but he didn't want to.  Arthit knew Kongpob didn't know the reason behind his anger.  He left without an explanation to gather his thoughts.  Arthit even left Knott who had stayed back for him.  He wanted to get away as soon as possible.

Meeting Namtarn had added more fuel to his confusion.  Did he really know Kongpob better than he thought?  Why was he observing the boy with such interest?  Since when had he become interested in men in the first place?

Arthit should have known Knott would to come to the room and confront him.  How could he tell Knott he was confused?  That Kongpob was the cause of the confusion.  Knott wouldn't judge him, but he didn't know the answers for Knott's questions either.  What was wrong with him?

Knott was trying to lift his mood. He could see that.  Arthit had missed Knott.  He could have avoided most of what he was facing if Knott had been there.

"I missed you, Knott."

Knott smiled at him.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I missed you too Arthit."

********************

Arthit was awake thinking about his next step all night.  Should he speak to Kongpob as if nothing had happened?  Apologize?  How was he going to explain himself to Kongpob without letting him know he had heard the confession?

The next day he hadn't seen Kongpob, and he was glad.  Arthit wasn't sure how to approach Kongpob yet.  But he had made up his mind.  He was going to be kind and mature about the situation.  Liking someone isn't a crime, even though he had treated Kongpob like a criminal.

Knott had gone out with Prem.  It was suspicious, Knott hadn't asked him to join them.  Arthit wondered what they had to discuss by themselves.  Did they have some kind of a problem?  Were they teaming up and discussing him?  Not everything is about you Arthit he reminded himself.