Chapter 10

Chapter 10

- Bruised & Battered.

I finally had the willpower to get up I looked in the sink's mirror and saw my reflection, my face was so washed out, so drained and tired. The bouncy curls my hair once had were, now knotted and tangled. I took off my long sleeved plaid purple shirt and placed it on hook of the door, leaving me with just my black tank top. I pulled up my knotted light brown hair into a very messy ponytail. Now showing the bruise on my neck left by the one and only Xavier.

My mom was right it literally looked like someone had forced all of their weight on my neck and stepped on it! It looked awful I still couldn't believe that the bruised up battered girl I see in the mirror was me. She didn't look like the perky, happy, full of laughter, who smiled, giggled, and laughed til' her stomach hurts girl. Who would say 'Hi.' to people she had never meet and would talk to them for hours like she had know them forever.

This girl in my reflection looked so sad, tired, worried, bruised up, and very battered girl. I picked up my tank top half way now leaving me a bikini top which looked kinda weird, because I still had my faded skinny jeans on.

"Woah." I whispered to myself that's all I could get out of my mouth. Xavier really let me have it! I had so many purple, black, and blue bruises on my stomach, chest, lower back, and all the way down to my waist line they looked even worse than my neck! I slowly pressed on the on a bruises on the right side of my bellybutton. I bit my lip hard and winced at the pain it brought to my body. How could Xavier leave me bruises like these? I thought this 'dream warp' was just a dream I didn't think it would affect me in reality! Why was this happening to me I did nothing wrong, yet here I am looking into my reflection and seeing a sad battered girl...

Finally with the last ounce of my energy and willpower I had left in me I got up. I nearly fell again, because of the pain it brought to my body to STAND, it hurt my knees for they wobbled barely being able to support me, to MOVE, because every time, I did I had to feel the throbbing sensation of the bruise Xavier left me on my neck, and back, and finally, to BREATH, because every time I did it only made me feel each and every bruise on my stomach, the excruciating throbbing only got worse by the second. I slowly made my weak trebling hands open the faucet and turned on the water. I wanted the water to be crisp and cool like the water Xavier brought to me in the cellar..

Xavier....

The thought of him only brought a cold chill down my spine. Xavier did this to me.

How?

Why?

I don't even remember the words I said to him to cause him to inflict so much anger and force on me then it hit me 'pathetic'. All I said was those eight tiny letters yet he left my body scared for life. The water in the faucet finally got cold enough for my likings I placed my hands under the cool running water and I closed my eyes I began breathing slower and the pain went away slowly first with my throbbing neck then with my rib then down to the bruises on my stomach and waist line and lower back, finally to my weak knees. I opened my now bright blue eyes to see only scars left on my body and I was quite thankful. Then the intercom went on once more. Our wonderful captain decided to interrupt my thoughts once more.

"All passengers this is your captain Jimenez speaking our twelve hour flight will now be coming to an end. Please remain seated for the duration of the flight, thank you."

I guess that's fate or destiny or even the very interrupting captain telling me to get out of the restroom.

Or is it?

Or maybe it's a sign to stay in just a little but longer? Honestly, I don't think I can last in this miniature restroom for another second!