Chapter 9

Chapter 9

- Lies Or Sarcasm?

"Ahhhhhh!" I screamed walking up in the corner of the jet planes kitchen floor.

"I'm okay.

It was just a dream.

I'm fine.

He can't hurt me anymore.

I'm safe.

I'm alright.

He's not real." I began to murmur to myself as I grabbed my legs and held them against my chest.

"I'm okay.

I'm safe.

I'm fine.

He can't hurt me.

He won't hurt me.

He won't break me.

He can't bruise my because its a dream.

And he can't and won't hurt or break me." I murmured to myself again. Then my stomach grumbled loudly. What time what it? Eating time! Then my thoughts were interrupted by our wonderful pilot.

"All passengers this is your captain Jimenez speaking we will now be landing in one hour in Eleutheria international airport."

Great now I'm hungry and we are landing soon.

"Sweety are you okay? I heard you screaming, What are you doing out of your seat? I was looking everywhere for you!" my mother said between breaths you could tell she was put of breath and had been looking for hysterically.

"Mom I'm fine just fell asleep on the floor I'm fine." I said getting of the floor I saw so dirty, my washed out skinny jeans looked full of dirt, my red converse looked like I had been walking in mud for hours, and my black tank top with my purple long sleeved plaid shirt had holes in them. Why did I look like I had been rolling around in the mud for hours? The twelve hour long flight from Ataraxia to Eleutheria was long and yes I knew it wad a coast to coast flight, but why did I look like this? How did I end up like this? Just as I was about to be both feet on the ground I felt a sharp pain on my right side of my stomach it felt like someone had stabbed me and left the knife in to rust. I immediately fall again to the floor holding my side.

"Owww." I said quietly although it hurt I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. "Athena! Are you okay sweety?" my mom said concerned picking me off the floor.

"Yeah mom I'm fine I think I just stepped on my shoe lace when I was getting up. You know me such a klutz." I said smiling my side was now throbbing painfully, but however I had to mask my pain. All I had to do was make it to the restroom and I was home free.

"Are you sure ,Athena?" my mom replied concerned with and eyebrow up look on her face. She had caught on to my lie.

"Yeah mom you know me always falling 'Athena the klutz' yup that's my name don't wear it out." I replied smiling making my way the to bathroom that was literally feet away I was almost home free when.

"Athena what happened to your neck? Who did this to you!" my mother said with a look on her face if looks could kill. I winced ion the pain as she touched my neck. How did this happen to me?

"Mom I'm fine maybe some stupid plane rats thought my neck looked tasty?" I said smiling so nonchalantly.

"Sweety these marks and bruises are not rat bites this is a footprint!" she said with a stern pissed off look in her face, I think it was the rat remark.

"Well maybe the rats finally thought it was time for some footwear and decided to play rug with my body, mom?" I said smiling finally I had made my way to the knob of the jet planes restroom door.

"No it wasn't Athena! Tell me who did this to you!" her pissed off gave was even scarier than before.

"Well I don't know mom I've been asleep on the floor since the last time you saw me. And well I've really started to smell mom. Oooh look a restroom! I think I need some freshing up don't you?" I said in a flash I had opened, closed and locked the restroom door the only thing between me and my pissed of mother bear was the restroom door.

"ATHENA! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!" Even though there was a door between my mother and me I could still see the anger in her eyes. I could the expression of frustration, betrayal, anger and worrisome. She kept pounding on the door and screaming my name. But I stayed quiet as I sat in the same corner of the restroom I gone to know so well, between the toilet on the far right side of me and the sink that was nearly hovering over me. I stayed there waiting for my furious mother to stop and after ten minutes she finally did.