Chapter 15- "Lord of the underworld"

A/N: Johnny Depp as Hades

••••••••••••••••••

Destiny's POV:

I was nervous. I mean a lot. I had no idea where we heading to or what to expect.

The worse part was that the others seemed to be calm, everyone except Tyler and Nathan.

Charon was walking in front with Nico by his side.

"Where are we going?" I asked out loud, no one in specific.

"You'll see" Charon replied, although that wasn't enough.

Anna whispered to me "We're heading to the elevator."

Great. The underworld had an elevator, why wouldn't it?

"Have you been here before?" I asked her.

"No, Percy told me about it."

"Do you?" I asked Lucas who also seemed to know what was going on.

"Yeah, once before with Nico." He replied and before I said anything Charon stopped on his tracks in front of an enormous elevator.

"That's alright ,Charon. I'll take it from here, thanks again." Nico said and with that he left.

Nico got in the elevator and then turned to us ,with a big smile drawn on his face and asked "Shall we?"

We all got inside and Nico casually pressed a button and the elevator headed down. Not that long after, actually, the doors opened and we stepped out of it.

In front of us, there was a big lake and a large bote, filled with dead people. We all knew what we should do next. We got on the bote and sailed across the lake, which I believed was the river Styx, towards the opposite shore.

"Now what?" Nathan asked.

"Well, Cerberus should be standing here, guarding the gates of the underworld, but he's missing,  i think that that's why were here. We have to talk to my father."

We followed Nico who headed us to a huge palace ,made of glittering black obsidian and black marble portico. We entered the entry hall, which had a polished bronze floor and was guarded by skeletons of who I believed were dead soldiers.

The skeletons let us to the throne room after seeing Nico. I wondered how often Nico visited the underworld...visited his father. He seemed to know every inch of the underworld so well and he was familiar with everyone down there.