Chapter 13- "Deadly sisters"

Anna's POV:

There I was...on a train heading to LA to find Cerberus and save the day for one more time...with everything that had happened that morning I was so tired but I had to stay strong for the others.

Stay strong, get the quest done.

And I had to stay strong for her. Destiny.

It was her first quest and not only was she scared, but everything that had happened between her and Nico..

"Anna are you okay?" Destiny asked me with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine, I was just thinking." I replied with a smile on my face. "The question is, are you?".

She smiled and nodded. "Don't worry about him. I've been through worse. But I'm kinda sleepy. I want to go sit alone for a bit and get some sleep if you don't mind."

I was dying to asked her what happened with Nico last night, but I had to respect her privacy. Not only that, but I was pretty sure she didn't want to talk about it.

"Sure" I simply replied and with those words she moved a couple seats back.

I was now sitting with my back on the train window, my legs on the seat where destiny was previously sitting and with a book in my hands. I was still reading the same book, "Greek mythological creatures and everything about them".

Hours had gone by and I was still reading and as a result my neck was killing me. I started massaging my neck by gently rubbing my thumb and it was only when I picked my head up that I realised who was sitting across me.

On the opposite side of the train, Lucas was sitting the same way like I did. His lean body was laying, facing me and his gaze was focused on something on his lap, which i couldn't make up what it was.

I decided the best thing to do was to ignore his presence before he did something to get on my nerves.

However, did I forget to mention how unlucky I am?

A couple of seconds later his deep voice was heard. "You know... Harpies were always my favorite." he picked his head up a little and looked at me with his never ending little smirk.

I know I mention I didn't want to talk ti him, but I mean he didn't say anything bad or annoying. Yet. Besides, his on the team, I should talk to him.

"Have tou ever met one?" I asked him.

"There was this one time..."

Whoah, he did?

"You're all full of surprises ,aren't you? And then everyone's wondering why I don't trust you. I know nothing about you." And that was the truth. But for some reason I was smiling, like I was joking, like I didn't mean it.

I signed and looked down. "Sorry."

"No, it's okay, I get it. A guy who ran away from CHB suddenly appears. The way you got to know me didn't exactly helped you with trusting me."

He was still smiling when he moved from his seat and settled to the closest seat to the train's corridor.

"Then get to know me." He challenged me, while placing his elbows on his knees and lacing his hands together with a smirk.