Chapter 6- "The Beginning"

A/N: Finn Wolfhard as Charlie

Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson

••••••••••••

Destiny's POV:

I returned to my cabin with tears rolling down my face. I still couldn't believe what Nico did. Did he really think Nathan and I were a couple? Well, unfortunately for me I tended to be attracted to players.

Tomorrow was the first day of the quest and I couldn't even look at him. How could we possibly work as a team when he was such an asshole? Maybe a hot one, but still. Besides he didn't care about him so why should I?

I just wanted to go to sleep, but as I got to my cabin I saw a jet black sword with a sharp blade laying on my bed, with a card hanging from its handle with a, guess what, a black thread.

I took the card and opened it hesitantly.

"To my dearest daughter, for her very first quest. I'm proud of you, dad."

I really didn't know how I felt about that. I kept reading it over and over again. He was proud of me? How could he? He didn't even know me.

I took the sword and held it in my left hand. It fitted perfectly. I had tried millions of swords, but none of them suited. But that one was just perfect. Not too heavy not too light like the other ones I had tried.

I placed it next to my bed and tried to sleep but nothing happened. I was nervous and scared. Tomorrow morning would be my first quest and nothing felt okay. Not Nico, not my so-called-dad.

I felt like I had to fix everything by myself and I didn't know how. I needed to talk to someone. So I did. I got out of my cabin and started walking, only to find myself minutes later knocking the door of the Poseidon cabin.

Once the door was open, I viewed Anna looking sleepy. She whispered "Percy is sleeping."

She grabbed my arm and led me ten feet away from her cabin.

"What's up?" she asked me with a concerned look.

"It's just that everything feels totally wrong. I saw Nico making out with Alex and he thought that me and Nathan are dating and my dad said he was proud of me and I'm scared and-"I was out of breath.

"Destiny stop." She snapped. "Listen; I know Nico years now and he has never treated a girl the way he treated you. If it was another girl he would have already given up and moved on to another girl. Besides, Alex is a bitch. You shouldn't be jealous of her."

"I'm not jeal-"

"Yes, you are. I've seen the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. And as for your dad, you should be happy that he is proud of you. Not everybody's Godly parent is interested in his child's life." She snapped with meaningful wide eyes. She placed my hands in hers and continued. "I just want you to know that I'm here for you in case you need me."

"Thank you." I said as I pulled her in a tight hug.

"You should go to bed." She advised me and went on "Tomorrow is going to be a long day and we will have to leave early. You should get some rest."