Chapter 9- "Misunderstanding"

Anna's POV:

''Who's Lucas?" I asked Nico.

He wasn't a monster? Wha- How..?

He lifted up his hand a little "I think the hot piece of ass you're currently sitting on?" The boy muttered sarcastically.

I immediately stood up and turned to Nico, avoiding talking to that boy or even looking at him.

"I need an explanation" I demanded Nico.

"No, I think I need an explanation" the boy said seriously ,this time emphasising on the "I" .

"How about you explain to me how by leaving you alone for 10 minutes you ended up almost killing my best friend?" Nico turned to me, he also ignoring who he claimed was his best friend.

"I actually had everything under control" the boy protested.

"No, you didn't" I didn't waste a second to disagree.

"GUYS STOOOOP" Destiny shouted and gathered everyone's attention.

Was she there the whole time? I didn't even notice.

"I believe this is Lucas, Nico's best friend ,not a monster." She clarified and the last part specially to me.

How do I know? Well, it would be pretty idiotic for me to miss the hint since when she said the last part she looked at me with the "oh-come-on-Anna" look.

"How-" I tried to said but she didn't stop.

"I think this is a huge misunderstanding. Anna thought a monster was attacking us like that little boy, so she attacked him. Well, the monster turned out to be Nico's best friend." She finally finished her explanation.

"Hello Lucas I'm Destiny, nice to meet you by the way" she greeted him with a kind smile and extended her hand for him to shake.

"Destiny?! Oh hi Destiny, nice to meet you too." he shook Destiny's hand, although he was looking at Nico weirdly, until Nico started scratching his neck and looking the other way.

Okay, now what was that?

"So Nico what happened with the hotel?" I tried to change the subject, since it seemed like it was pretty uncomfortable for all of us. Well, maybe except...Lucas.

He took a couple of seconds to process everything "It is our hotel. They said a man booked two rooms in my name for today. We are leaving tomorrow with the train for LA which leads me to the next question which is Lucas what the hell are you doing here?"

The boy with the brown hair smiled "I'm here to help of course. I know you too good,dead boy." that got me a laugh.

He smirked at me, proud for making me laugh and continued "When you told me about the quest I knew you were first coming to Colorado and then LA, so I came here two days ago and here I am. I didn't think your little princess would try to kill me."