"You two have been bickering for at least five minutes now. Will you two stop acting like a pair of five year olds fighting over who gets to go on the slide first and just come in the shop to get changed?" Liam said through clenched teeth, but between the slight smile on his face and the tone he used, you could tell he was just joking around when he said that. That was quite amusing, but he's right.

We both put our head down and stuck out our bottom lips giving him the puppy dogs eyes and mumbled a 'sorry'. I was about to start heading into the shop when Louis ran in front of me. into the shop screaming, "SURFING TIME!!!!!!"

Liam and I followed after him laughing and smiling at his craziness.

-----------------------------------------

After we entered, we grabbed our stuff and got changed into our wetsuits in the back of the shop. Leaving us where we are now, standing on the beach, looking out at the ocean and all of the waves that were crashing at the shore.

We asked the shop owner if it was safe, meaning no sharks, and he said that the coast guard is tracking the area and would warn us the second a shark came within about a mile of us. It would be plenty of time to get out of the water before the shark even had a chance to get anywhere near the three of us.

"You ready Demi?" Liam asked looking at me. I looked at the crashing waves once more before letting out a breath and nodding my head yes to him.

The three of us started to walk out to the ocean, when the water hit my feet it was warm. Nothing but warm water and it was nice. I have never been in water this late at night before, and to be this warm of water, it's nice.

I stopped for a minute when the water was up to my thighs to look back at the bonfire. Niall was looking at me, worry plastered across his face. I smiled at him and nodded in his direction, silently reassuring him that I'll be fine again.

"You okay Demi? You can always go back to the shore if you don't feel comfortable with doing this." I looked at Liam like he was out of his mind.

"There's no way I'm going back now. If I wanted to turn around and not do this, then I would've made this decision before I put on the wetsuit." I defended myself.

Liam looked a little taken back at this point, "Okay, I was just making sure you wanted to this one hundred percent."

"Well, I appreciate it, but there's no way I'm turning back. I really want to do this." I looked between Liam and Louis, who was surprisingly being really quiet, and said, "You two ready to surf?"

They smiled at me and we moved further into the vast blue ocean.

When we got about hip deep in the water, the three of us got up and sat on our boards. It took me a couple times to get on the board and keep it steady without falling off, but I eventually did it.

We paddled a little bit more out into the depths of the ocean.

I looked behind me to the shore one last time before taking a deep breath and paddling behind Liam and Louis towards the waves. I stopped when they did, looking at the waves as they got bigger getting closer to the three of us.

Liam looked at me, "This wave is really big, so I'm going to go first and look at how I surf." I nodded over to him, showing him I understood and he and Louis nodded at each other before he lied down on his surfboard and started to head towards the wave that was gradually getting larger towards us with each passing second.

As he reached the wave, the water lifted him up along with his surfboard. Standing up, he lent a certain way and started to soar across the water.

The way Liam surfed, he just made it look so easy. Like making cereal.

I looked at Liam in amazement. I wish I could do that, I would be so happy with myself! What snapped me out of my little daze was a chuckle coming from my right. I looked that way to see Louis still chuckling, smiling really wide.

I gave him a playful glare and started to laugh along with him. I looked back to Liam to see him coming back towards the two of us.

He reached the two of us still laughing, sat up and looked at us curiously, but shrugged it off anyway, "It's pretty simple really. You just need to practice and get the hang of it."

Liam turned back around so he was facing the waves as Louis and I were. Louis looked at me as I looked at him, "This wave is a small one, you want to try surfing? Or are you going to chicken out on us?"

Giving him another playful glare, I shook my head and started to paddle my way out the the wave. Thinking about what Liam did not even a minute ago, I took a deep breath and stood on the board.

Scrunching my face up in concentration, I made sure I kept my balance as I leaned forward a little. Starting to glide against the water, I felt more comfortable.

Some of the water started to splash onto the bottom of the board. I tried to ignore it as I focused more on the wave that was carrying my board and I to safety. I felt more water at my feet, but the next thing I know, I was falling into the water.

I felt water at each and every angle of myself. I tried struggling to swim upwards to the surface, but as I tried to struggle, I realized I was getting no where and a thought popped into my mind. One of the safety rules the guy told us. If we ever get caught up in the middle of a rolling wave,

stop fight and let the current take you with it until the end

So, that's exactly what I did. I stopped struggling and continued to hold my breath. I didn't know how long it's been but before I knew it, my lungs were running out of oxygen. I couldn't hold my breath anymore and inhaled a huge gulp of water into my lungs.

The last thing I was comprehensible for was the water pulling me in every which direction.

Then the world around me went black.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: DON'T KILL ME! I KNOW IT'S REALLY SHORT AND CRAPPY :( I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!

Only 15 votes for the next chapter since it's so sucky -_-

And I'm aware that no one can learn surfboarding this fast, but for the story's sake. Yes, yes a person can. So :P

Please VOTE

COMMENT

And maybe even fan?

Love you guys <3