The bluenette chuckled lightly before replying, “If you say so then, your highness.” she ended the call.

She realized what she was doing thereafter. Her actions were similar to what Karma would've done if he was in her place, as if adapting to the redhead’s persona. And it scares her so much. Because Gakushuu resembles so much of Karma, she’s starting to doubt if he really was dead.

Nagisa might have missed him too much.

—•—

The redhead sighed in boredom, playing with the feathers and golden gems embroidered on his black mask. Fifteen minutes had passed since he set foot on the venue. And he's starting to regret arriving early. He had already memorized the details regarding his mission, even the most trivial ones. Still, he can't get at ease yet. For this was not his objective from the start.

"Ugh, too many familiar faces. Yet not a single trustworthy one," he whined silently, annoyed by the eerie noise lingering around the atmosphere. Yet, he couldn't do something about it. So, he just sat there, at the thirteenth table on the right hidden corner of the room, waiting for a miracle to happen.

“Please welcome, Lady Greed and Lord Pride, along with Lord Wrath and Lady Envy.”

Karma's boredom faltered as well as the crowd's fake elegance as that particular name was mentioned. His once annoyed stare was transfigured into a threatening glare as he took a glance on the newly arrived guests who entered the dome, together with two others who seemed to block her from getting captured via camera. Thus, those glittering masks could not fool the eyes of such assassin, keener than the sharpest hawk.

“Hey, they look so familiar.”

“Is that Yukimura Akari and Isogai Yuuma from Class E?!”

“Look! There’s Kataoka Megu-san from the swimming team! Such a beauty!”

“I'm not sure, but is that baseball ace Sugino Tomohito?!”

Of course, he could recognize through those disguises anywhere.

'That must mean...'

He gaped on realization as another familiar figure entered through the glass doors.

“Lady Azure, welcome!”

"Nagisa," he whispered.

Azure blue hair tied on a messy bun, a short, petite figure as well as the mysterious aura lingering around her. He knew everything even with eyes closed, this was definitely whom he's looking for. Though he met her earlier than expected.

[Crimson, this is Beta. Ameno is spotted four hundred meters from Point A, eight o' clock. Over.]

Karma’s blood suddenly boiled in excitement as he heard the static sounds emitting from his earpiece.

"Beta, stand by and watch him. Snipe and Strike keep monitoring the remaining boundaries. Sun, Rain, watch the guests. Ameno’s minions might be disguising as well. Over." He commanded.

[Crimson, Points B to C are secured. I will move on to Snipe's position. The enemies’ reinforcements are moving to Snipe's direction.]

[This is Snipe speaking. The sensors are detecting something. Coordinates, three o'clock clockwise. I think I'll need back-up. Over.]

"Strike will be there soon. Beat, any suspicious movements?"

[I'm afraid so, Crimson. I have spotted the enemy's minions as Snipe had estimated. Distance from the danger zone, three hundred to four hundred meters.]

Slowly, Karma's lips curved to a devious smirk, tossing and catching a swiss knife like a wooden stick on air. This, was the excitement he was waiting for.

"Sun, Snipe, and Beat, prepare for evacuation. Beta, Rain, and Strike, hold your stance. We’ve got company."

[Copy, sire!]

Meanwhile, as Karma was preparing himself for an upcoming terrorism, Nagisa noticed his crimson hair which stood out the most and unknowingly stared at the familiar stature.

“Karma,” she mumbled.

But no matter, his retreating figure disappeared in the crowd, leaving a trace of disappointment inside Nagisa’s heart.

‘Try to stop thinking about him, Nagisa. You have a mission!’ she thought, mentally slapping herself.

She needed to be on guard. If anything should happen to Gakushuu, it would hurt her credibility. She caressed the necklace, sending sending her wishes if ever. She'll never be certain to what will happen.

"... I am honored to have finally reunited with all of you," she watched Gakushuu Asano with my peripheral vision as he slowly raised his champagne glass in front of the crowd. "Therefore, I officially welcome you to our batch reunion! Maestro, play the music. Enjoy everyone!”

Couples started to gather at the dance floor while she boredly stared, now sitting at her designated table. She caught sight of Livius and Nike —who were currently the apple of the eye— with the latter waving at her. Then came Tomohito and Akari who she think were dancing for publicity because they seemed a bit hostile to each other, not maintaining eye contact. Something must have happened the night before.

“Milady, may I dance with you?”

She raised a brow as she looked suspiciously at Yuuma whose hand was offered to her.

“Are you kidding me?”

He shrugged. “Who knows, this might be the last time. So, why not?”

Her lips heaved a sigh. “Fine.”

—•—

【 edited. 】