"Hey, you must be Kellin. I'm doctor Stump but you can call me Patrick." He says softly.

I don't say anything and just watch him closely in case he tries to hurt me.

"He's not really comfortable about strangers, especially adults." Mama explains and Patrick smiles sadly.

"I figured, it's rather common." Patrick answers. "We won't get into too much today. We'll probably just work on building a patient-doctor trust."

"Okay, well I'll let you get started. I'll see you soon kiddo." Mama smiles, dropping my hand. "Remember what I told you."

I nod and watch her leave. Vic finally gets off of the chair and gives me a longing look before he follows Mama and Papa out of the building.

I turn back to Patrick who's still smiling at me.

"You can take a seat on the sofa Kell. I'll be with you in a minute." He tells me and I nod, cautiously walking past him to the leather black sofa.

I sit down and even though the sofa is really comfortable, I can't see to relax. How could they do this to me? Just leave me alone with a stranger? What if he hurts me?

I watch Patrick as he goes over to his desk and picks up a folder then he looks through it.

"Would you like some soda, Kellin?" Patrick asks, placing the folder down the going over to a mini-fridge.

"Yes please." I whisper.

"What would you like? I have Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi and Fanta." He explains.

"Mountain Dew please." I reply.

"Good choice." He murmurs, taking two cans out and coming over to me.

He hands me the drink and then sits on the chair across from me. He placed his drink on the coffee table between us.

"What happened to your arm?" He asks gesturing to my sling.

"I have a fractured shoulder." I answer.

"How'd that happen?" He asks.

I don't feel comfortable telling him that it was my father so I just mumble a quiet "I don't know".

"You can talk to me Kellin. It's my job to listen. It's why you're here. I'm not going to hurt you or make you uncomfortable in any way. I need you to trust me. In order for me to help you, we must become friends." He explains.

"Friends?" I murmur a little stunned.

"Yeah friends. I want to be your friend." He explains and I smile.

"Okay." I whisper.

He smiles and leans forward a little.

"Okay, first things first, anything you tell me will not leave this room unless you give me permission to speak about it. The only time I'll talk to someone about something you've told me is if I think you're in danger or you're a danger to someone else. Other than that, no one has to know." He explains and i smile feeling a little relieved and a little more comfortable about talking. "If you do tell me that you want to hurt someone, if someone's hurting you or want to kill yourself then I will have to report it but I do stress to you to be open about these things so I can help."

I nod although I don't think I need to talk about any of those things.

"Patrick," I murmur as a thought pops into mind. "If someone was cutting themselves, would you have to report it?"

I'm hoping he says no because then maybe Vic will be more willing to talk to someone about his cutting if no one has to find out.

"Why? Are you harming yourself Kellin?" He asks, a worried look on his face.