Chapter 29

Michael finished blow drying his hair and hummed softly, combing through it one last time. He sighed softly, looking in the mirror as he styled his fluffy hair and tried calming his nerves. He was excited to graduate but he was more scared than anything. He feared dumb things like falling or tripping on his way up to get his diploma. Mikey rubbed his eyes and sipped his water before walking into the bedroom, smiling fondly as he watched Luke button up his white shirt.

"My handsome man," he cooed and skipped behind him, hugging the taller boy tightly from behind. He looked at Luke through the mirror, admiring his freshly-shaved face. Michael sighed in content and stepped back, finally deciding to get dressed as well. He was glad that they were finally graduating, mostly because he hated doing those big packets all the time. He hummed a song to himself as he got dressed, smiling small.

Luke smoothed out the front of his shirt, then rolled his sleeves up to the crook of his elbows. Glancing at his outfit one Last time in the mirror, which was a simple white button up shirt paired with a pair of his nice skinny jeans and a pair of black boots Michael had purchased for him, he turned around and watched as Michael laid his outfit out on the bed. "My handsome boy," Luke said, smiling fondly at Michael.

"Eyeliner or no eyeliner? And should I quiff my hair?" Luke asked Michael after a few beats of silence passed with them just staring at each other. He had no idea what was appropriate to wear to a graduation, and what wasn't, so he didn't want to look like a complete fuck up at something he was already nervous to go to. He didn't want the people, who once thought he'd be a high school dropout, to judge him and his outfit.

Michael couldn't help but giggle at how worried and self-conscious Luke sounded. "Quiff, and no eyeliner," he said and smiled as he adjusted the dress he was wearing. It was a simple yet elegant dress, but not too fancy. It was all white and reached down mid-thigh, the straps being wide and having a v-neck collar, but it didn't reach low. He glanced in the mirror, walking around in it a bit to make sure it wasn't too tight. "Is this good?" he asked softly and smiled small, walking to the dresser and grabbing Luke's hair gel. He followed him into the bathroom and watched the older boy do his hair, smiling to himself because he's seen him do it so many countless times.

Luke's fingers moved through his hair effortlessly, and soon, he had a perfect quiff. Rinsing his hands off in the sink, Luke dried his hands off with the towel next to the sink, then turned to look at Michael. His eyes raked over the boy's body, which was being showed off perfectly in his tight dress. "You look good," he said, licking his bottom lip before he took a step forward and placed his hands on Michael's hips lightly. "It's a shame it'll be covered up by that stupid gown," he added, his thumbs rubbing small circles into his hips as he glared at the two plastic bags that hung on the hook behind the bathroom door.

Michael scrunched his nose in disapproval as he looked at the gowns in the bags as well. "And I bet the hats will mess up your hair too," he pouted, gently tucking in Luke's shirt for him. He helped him put on a belt as well then stepped back, looking over the boy and making sure everything was perfect. He was still wearing his piercings and his arm tattoos were visible due to his sleeves being rolled up, but he still looked so formal and stunning. "We should get going. Aunt Carol is going to meet us at the school and then we'll just got to her house for the party after the graduation," he reminded. He smiled to himself, finding Carol so kind for throwing them a graduation party. All of Luke's family would be there, just like the other events Michael has been to. He adjusted to them all, not at all minding the loud kids or Luke's other gossiping aunts.

Mikey grabbed the bags then walked back into the bedroom, humming as he grabbed his heels and slowly stepped into them. Carol had Alex with her so the couple could get ready for the graduation on time. He hummed to himself and put on a necklace Luke had bought him and some bracelets and rings to match. He smiled sweetly and gently put Luke's watch on him, kissing the boy's hand once he finished clasping it. "I love you, my punk prince," he cooed sweetly.