Chapter 3 《Mixed》

《Nico》
I came home from the awards show that night, my three  awards in my arms. I unlocked the door and saw Bianca asleep on the couch. I saw Jesse, a friend of mine from University come out of the kitchen. She was a demigod. I found her at Uni and noticed that she had an aura of an Aphrodite child.

"She wanted to wait for you. She has only been with you for, like, two days and she's already attached," Jesse said laughing softly. She wasn't that typical Aphrodite kid that worried about looks. Right now she was wearing sweat pants and a baggy Rolling Stones T-shirt. Her pink dyed hair was in a messy bun. Her round, wide rimmed glasses sat atop her head.

"Yeah. I think it's because she's the incarnation of my sister," I said. I had explained the whole demigod thing to her after the first week I met her.

"You mean  Bianca! No wonder you named her that! But anyway how's your psychology assignments going?," she asked. I was majoring in Psychology. Even though I was famous I still wanted to make sure that if I stopped modelling or singing that I would have a back up.

I actually only became famous because after listening to me sing, another friend of mine named Spencer, forced me to put up covers on YouTube. After half a year I was famous and a modelling company wanted to sign me. My friends were very supportive of me and never treated me as a celebrity.

"It's going. Unlike your crush on Spencer. Seriously when are you going to ask her out?," I teased. I picked up Bianca from the couch and walked up the stairs, careful to not drop her. Jesse followed behind me.

"Oh haha. Valentine's day is coming up soon so I'm asking her to be my valentine. What about you? Any guys that caught your eye?," she sassed. I scoffed and walked into Bianca's room. Jesse went to her bed and undressed it. I layed Bianca down and put the covers over her.

"No man has caught my eyes since I left that living Tartarus I once called camp," I said bitterly.

"That Solace dude was the only one you talked about for three weeks after I met you. It must have hurt to leave him?," she said softly. She spoke Afrikaans at home all the time since she was Afrikaans. Her voice was elegant and soothing and it always helped to calm me down. I blushed and nodded. "Well  better be going we have one more free day until we go back to campus. I'll come over tomorrow with Spence. Night night Nico," she said. "Night night Bumblebee." I waved at her and made sure that Bianca was comfortable. As I was about to leave it heard her calling me.

"Papa?," she mumbled.

"Ja  (yes) Bianca?," I said. I moved closer to her and kneeled next to her.

"Kan ek slaap met jou? (Can I sleep with you?) ," she said in Afrikaans. She was raised in an Afrikaans family but when they died she went to the Orphanage. She can speak English but chooses to speak Afrikaans.

"Ja my engel.Kom saam met my ( Yes my angel. Come with me) ," I reply in Afrikaans. She made grabby hands at me and I pick her up.

"Engel, papa se eerste taal is Engels. Kan jou praat Engels vir my. Asseblief (Angel, Papa's first language is English.Can you speak English for me. Please) ," I said. She tiredly nodded her head and I set her on my bed. I kissed her head and told her I was going to change.  

After pulling on some pajama pants and a shirt, I layed down next to her. She snuggled into my chest and mumbled 'liedtjie  (song)'.

I started to sing one of my slow songs and as I sang she was lulled to sleep. I closed my eyes and drifted off. . .

《Leo》
In the morning we all put our stuff and the ship. As we took off, everyone was buzzing about how we're going to see Nico again. Then I remembered he has a kid.