36. Running From My Fears

K A R A ' S   P O V :

Finally, I am going to leave. Once and for all. Jason can't and won't stop me this time. I will come back when I am fit to become the Luna. I know I am going to break my mate's heart, but I can't let him or his pack die. Not for me. Not because of me.

I was giving a room down the hall from Jason, which was a definite step up from the cells in the dungeon. I have been getting used to my witch powers, which is how I was able to knock out the guards with a snap of my fingers and bypass the silver and wolfsbane coated cage. 

I have been up all night, not bothering to sleep. I knew that Jason would feel my restlessness through our bond, but I hoped that he was too tired or busy to take much notice. I was currently packing my necessities. All I had was a small string bag I had found in the closet here, a pair of clothes, and some food I had stolen from the kitchen on the way up. 

Now my plan was about to go into action. 

And I was going to get away with it.

...

I stepped outside my room and silently closed the door behind me so that I didn't wake anyone. The last thing I needed was a hoard of guards on my tail, or worse - Jason. I didn't need an overprotective Alpha mate on my tail.

I had left a note in my room explaining everything. Hopefully he would take it seriously and not follow me. It was the last thing he would have for me, other than the memories and my lingering scent. 

I walked down the hallways, making as little sound as possible. The last thing I needed was to be caught. Somehow I knew that this time I'd make it, I would be free from this pack.

"Is that actually how it is?" Rachel asked. "We are prisoners of our mate's pack?"

I didn't want to agree, but it honestly felt like it. I was kind of trapped here, and I couldn't be myself without giving too much away. Maybe this was a good thing, leaving. I would get a chance to focus on ending this wanted wolf thing. 

As I walked down the hallway, I heard footsteps. By the way they were perfectly in sync together, I knew who they were immediately. GUARDS! I glanced behind me, seeing the first guard turn the corner before I took off sprinting. 

After getting over his shock, the first guard yelled upon seeing me. I was already half way down the hallway before their footsteps thundered behind me. There is nothing like making an escape that wakes the entire pack house, huh?

I was halfway down the stairs when people started leaving their rooms to see what was going on. This only made it harder for reinforcements to weave through the halls, which was definitely a bonus for me. I finished the last few steps before I heard a voice that made my heart stop.

"Kara?!" 

I slowed my pace just enough to turn around and steal a glance. Jason had shock and hurt written all over his face. His hair was messed up, like he had run his fingers through it one too many times. He stood at the top of the stairs, a look of disbelief taking over his features.

"Really? You're running again? Is that all you really do? When something isn't going your way, you take off? What kind of wolf are you?"

I came to a stop, the guards backing away from me, obviously wanting to let their Alpha have a moment to speak. I turned to face him, a growl escaping from deep in my throat. "I'm a kind of wolf you don't know anything about. One you have no idea of things they have gone through. One that you shouldn't be so naive to judge." 

With that, I ran to the door. The guards followed me, and lunged when I reached for the door. Too bad for them, all it took was for me to touch the door once. And with that, I was on the other side. It's kind of a witch thing. Anyway, I continued my pace, refusing to look behind me. If I looked back, I would be sucked back into that prison of a pack.

I wasn't ready to be a prisoner just yet. 

...

My pace in the woods continued as I weaved between trees. This reminded me of the other night I got caught. But tonight was different. Because I would escape. And I wouldn't be caught.

I heard the guards behind me, yelling orders between each other. Being part witch had it's benefits, though. Like I could hide my scent, which was what I did just before I crossed the pack border. They scrambled to catch my scent, but to them it led nowhere. I smirked as I continued my run, hoping to get out of here as fast as I could.

After a few minutes, I came to a stop, trying to make sense of my new surroundings.

"Well, well, look what we have here." My face paled as I turned to face an Alpha, one of the ones that had always been out to get me. He had about 20 warriors flanking his sides as he approached me. "Tell my niece thank you for a job well done."

My breathing became quicker. Niece?! Was there a mole somewhere in the Silver Crescent pack?

I backed away, only to have my hands tied in silver. I let out a shriek as the silver touched my skin. I felt nothing but the cold, metal that did nothing but... not hurt me. Since I was half witch, I was completely immune to it. 

The Alpha laughed deeply. "There will be more from where that's from." Before he could finish, I took things into my own hands. 

I hoped that it would end in my favor.

But one girl to about 20 highly trained wolves and an alpha?

I wasn't quite sure even the alpha blooded witch hybrid would make it out.

...

Hey guys!

I don't mean to leave this chapter on a cliff hanger, but I will update as soon as possible. 

I hope everyone enjoys reading this story, because it's almost done!

Let me know if you think I should make a sequel or have any ideas for a new story. I'm planning on branching out and writing stories other than werewolf ones.

Thanks for all the support lately, everyone!

Don't forget to

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS ;"