24. When I Say Stay Away, I Mean It!

*Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all the support as I have written this story! Also, can you believe the story is already half way over?! It hasn't even been up for a full two months yet! I don't think I would have ever been able to get this done without everyone's support and encouragement, so thank you!!!*

...

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

The next day I arrived in my Lamborghini - what can I say, I am an Alpha after all - and saw Evelyn and her group waiting for my friends and I by the front doors. I saw as Caleb and Ryder approached them, smiling and laughing all the while. 

I finally joined them after parking my car in my personal parking space. "Oh, Jason!" I was suddenly squeezed into a tight, breath-restricting hug by none other than Evelyn. We quickly entered the building to head to our lockers. Of course, the girls stayed attached at our hips. 

I knew for a fact that Caleb was getting done very quickly over the fact that Tracy, the red head he used to "date" wouldn't accept the fact that he had a mate and didn't like her anymore. To not make a scene, he went along with it anyway. 

As we stood chatting about our lives in the hallway, Evelyn made her way closer to me. "Hey Alpha," she purred, trying to be seductive. I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes as I turned my attention back to something funny Ryder was saying. 

My attention was drawn away again as Evelyn rubbed one hand on my bicep while the other sat on my chest. "Have you found out the date for when I get crowned Luna and you become the big, bad Alpha?"

Okay, she was now getting on both me and Ethan's nerves. Enough was enough. "Evelyn, you aren't my mate."

The smile that had once graced her face vanished in a flash. "What? What do you mean I'm not your mate?!" Her breathing started to turn in to hyperventilating. "You're wrong, I am the rightful Luna of the Silver Crescent Pack!"

"Whoa, you don't need to get into hysterics. But you are most definitely not my mate."

"WHAT?! JASON YOU ARE CRAZY!!! I AM THE LUNA AND I ALWAYS WILL BE!!!" 

"No, you aren't, Evelyn. Why can't you get that through your thick skull?" I decided that if the humans heard, it didn't matter because they would think that Evelyn and I are speaking gibberish. 

"THIS IS COMPLETE NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!" A group of kids had now formed around us, eager to see the most popular guy and girl go at it. 

"Evelyn, calm down." I glanced at Ryder and Caleb who stood to back me up. 

"NO, JASON, YOU NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT!" After her breathing calmed once she had noticed the spotlight was on her, Evelyn turned her attention back to me. "Who is she? Who is your real mate?"

Who was my mate? Was it truly Evelyn, the girl I felt no connection to right now? Or was it the rogue, the one that ran as soon as we met. Ugh!

I punched the row of lockers, leaving most of them dented in. "I DON'T KNOW! I-I don't know." My voice trailed off. I then realized how clueless and in the dark about the mate situation I am.

...

E V E L Y N ' S     P O V :

I decided to wait in the front of the school for Jason. I knew he could feel the mate pull, so I needed to ask him about when I would take over the Luna position. Jason was a bonus, but the Luna position was definitely what I wanted. What I needed. The Alpha Female position was mine, whether anyone liked it or not. 

When I saw a familiar Lamborghini pull up, I knew that this was my chance to speak to my boyfriend. Once we became the rulers of the Silver Crescent Pack the pathetic human girl - Karly, Karson... whatever her name was - wouldn't be able to put any stupid ideas in my boyfriend's head.