14. Explaining to the Parents

J A S O N ' S P O V :

"Oh, hello Jason dear. We were wondering why you didn't come home from school on normal time. What happened?" My mom said as she sat down with my dad in the family dinning room. They both looked up expectantly up at me, waiting to hear my explanation.

I sat down in my usual seat and began to dig in on my steak before replying. "Well, I think I found my mate... but I'm confused."

"Oh, that's wonderful son, who is she? When can we meet her?" My dad is very enthusiastic about the idea of me finally finding my Luna and taking his position.

"I'm confused on that. The other day, I was at school when I smelled this amazing scent..." I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my face at this part "...and I looked around. I saw this human girl who had blonde and purple hair with blue eyes, and our eyes just, connected. I could only see her. At first I thought she was my mate... but then Evelyn touched my arm and ... and sparks erupted. But it didn't feel completing and fulfilling like you had said it would..."

My parents both frowned at this. "Well, um, that sure is strange, I haven't heard that one before..."

"Are you sure you saw that human, you could have just been spacing off when Evelyn was looking at you, that's why you felt that way..."

"That's not the weirdest part though. I went to Martha earlier today, you know the local witch, and that is a totally different story."

At the mention of Martha, my dad became perplexed. "Martha? Why, I haven't spoken to her in quite some time..."

"I wanted to see if for some reason she had given a rogue a masking spray to keep us from finding them easily. She gave me some strange answers, and also is the aunt of that human girl. I got mad when she told me that the rogue meant no harm, she obviously knows something we don't. When I got angry, Ethan took over, so I ran into the woods and shifted.

"Anyway as I was walking through the woods, a random gray and brown wolf ran right past me. I was positive it was a rogue, so I followed it. For some reason, Ethan told me that it could be the answer. Some of the patrol wolves, Ryder, Caleb and I cornered it by that lake out there. It hid behind a rock, and came out in clothes. It was a girl, about 17, and she had a bob of red hair and vibrant green eyes. I questioned her on why she was here, and that was when Ethan claimed she was our mate.

"It wasn't like that encounter with Evelyn though. I felt a sense of pure bliss, and I felt like the meaning in my life had been met. I ran towards her, and when my hand came in contact with her cheek, sparks like I've never felt before exploded." I frowned slightly, remembering how instead of looking happy like I was, she looked slightly uncertain. Had she not been affected by the mate connection? Or had she chosen to ignore whatever pull she felt towards me?

"Then she ran. I was so shocked, as well as everyone else, that we weren't able to catch her before she left the property. I decided it was best to leave her to figure out whatever she needed to. She was more likely to come back that way without me on her tail chasing her."

My parents both looked at each other with wide eyes. "Well, I haven't you had an interesting week. We need to talk to something about that mate connection, I have never heard anything like that before. Ever. And I know just who."

I felt my eyebrows furrowing together as I asked, "Who? What are you talking about dad?"

"Why, that witch Martha of course."

"Martha- I'm not going back to see her! I have to figure out is going on fast so that if I have to I can head out to go find that rogue!" My parents and I all winced when that name left my lips. "Okay, so maybe calling her rogue isn't the best idea."